+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moore & Game Management

Moore & Game Management

A lot of people on here have been quick to criticise Moore when we have drew/lost games recently because of his substitutions. And I've questioned of a few of his subs and some of our game management late on in games.

However, I thought our subs and GM on Saturday was brilliant. He bought on fresh legs for a tiring Johanson and Murphy who didn't look too interested after he picked up that knock and he reacted to them bringing on Shawcross by bringing on Bartley immediately.

I thought our game management was great too, holding it in the corner for the final couple of minutes, something we don't do enough of in tight games.

There are some posters on here who criticise Moore, and perhaps rightly in some cases this season - let's remember he is still learning. Any of you want to give Moore & his team some props for Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    A lot of people on here have been quick to criticise Moore when we have drew/lost games recently because of his substitutions. And I've questioned of a few of his subs and some of our game management late on in games.

However, I thought our subs and GM on Saturday was brilliant. He bought on fresh legs for a tiring Johanson and Murphy who didn't look too interested after he picked up that knock and he reacted to them bringing on Shawcross by bringing on Bartley immediately.

I thought our game management was great too, holding it in the corner for the final couple of minutes, something we don't do enough of in tight games.

There are some posters on here who criticise Moore, and perhaps rightly in some cases this season - let's remember he is still learning. Any of you want to give Moore & his team some props for Saturday?

I agree 123. That said, we have lost a good many points this season because he's "still learning". We all want Big Dave to do well which is the bottom line. I will say with our squad we should be right up there in automatic contention and to offer any new contract prior to promotion is crazy talk! If we don't go up this year, it will be a disaster!

Also if we go up, any manager should give a tactical blue print including new players who we will need to the Board. So, if we are promoted, then Big Dave should be in contention, but ultimately, there may be a better candidate out there. This happens in any senior job vacancy for us all.

We must win on Saturday!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    I agree 123. That said, we have lost a good many points this season because he's "still learning". We all want Big Dave to do well which is the bottom line. I will say with our squad we should be right up there in automatic contention and to offer any new contract prior to promotion is crazy talk! If we don't go up this year, it will be a disaster!

Also if we go up, any manager should give a tactical blue print including new players who we will need to the Board. So, if we are promoted, then Big Dave should be in contention, but ultimately, there may be a better candidate out there. This happens in any senior job vacancy for us all.

We must win on Saturday!
    So we have gained no points because of big Dave only lost them? the fact is until the January window our squad wasn't good enough no right back no pace in midfield , either really young players or players that are past it looking at the dealings in January he has tried to address the inadequacy's in our squad but you can only do what you can with the budget you are given we now have lots of competition because some of our youngsters have been allowed to develop naturally instead of being thrown in at the deep end we also seem to have a fantastic team spirit which we haven't had for a while so in my IMO he has done a good job to get us into contention hopefully with the squad we now have we will be able to push for automatic if not it's the lottery of the play-offs i will be backing him all the way.

Everyman and his dog wants BD to do well but his subs for most games have been reactive rather than Pro active.got it right Saturday for once but my biggest fear is should we get promoted we will be in BIG trouble from the off,everyone of BDs loan signings are really failures in the prem including Gayle and cheap option buys that can't make the step up with kids still trying to prove themselves.mr Lai imo has not really backed him sufficiently at all and saw BD as the cheap option

Quote Originally Posted by WBA53 View Post
    Everyman and his dog wants BD to do well but his subs for most games have been reactive rather than Pro active.got it right Saturday for once but my biggest fear is should we get promoted we will be in BIG trouble from the off,everyone of BDs loan signings are really failures in the prem including Gayle and cheap option buys that can't make the step up with kids still trying to prove themselves.mr Lai imo has not really backed him sufficiently at all and saw BD as the cheap option
    Did they see Moore as a cheap option or a well respected club employee who could change the culture of the club? who ever had been put in charge would have had a difficult job there was an issue in the dressing room (that he appears to have sorted) also with the budget given loan signings were always going to favoured over permanent signings, some fans keep on saying he hasn't done a good job and we need a more experienced manager yet i haven't seen any names mentioned of a manager that could have done a better job with the budget he has had.

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    Did they see Moore as a cheap option or a well respected club employee who could change the culture of the club? who ever had been put in charge would have had a difficult job there was an issue in the dressing room (that he appears to have sorted) also with the budget given loan signings were always going to favoured over permanent signings, some fans keep on saying he hasn't done a good job and we need a more experienced manager yet i haven't seen any names mentioned of a manager that could have done a better job with the budget he has had.

Big Dave has done many things well! That said, there have been many mistakes - 3 at the back - formations - selections and subs. Is being fourth fantastic? Not in my eyes, as it's expected where we should be with the squad we have!

As another poster said - we ALL want Big Dave to do well, but to talk about a new contract at this stage is pure crazy! If we don't go up this year, then we could lose a whole load of players and then the three coming down may be in a better position. Is Big Dave the best man if we get promoted? I would expect a proper recruitment process and look at experience in the Premier League and with somebody who has the technical know how to deal with the top teams. Big Dave would be hugely considered but we have to weigh up the best person for the job. Legends and sentiment should not come into it.

My view on Big Dave may be more positive when we are stringing together a good run of dominant and composed football ( like Norwich ) and are in the top two.

Big Dave has done many things well! That said, there have been many mistakes - 3 at the back - formations - selections and subs. Is being fourth fantastic? Not in my eyes, as it's expected where we should be with the squad we have!

As another poster said - we ALL want Big Dave to do well, but to talk about a new contract at this stage is pure crazy! If we don't go up this year, then we could lose a whole load of players and then the three coming down may be in a better position. Is Big Dave the best man if we get promoted? I would expect a proper recruitment process and look at experience in the Premier League and with somebody who has the technical know how to deal with the top teams. Big Dave would be hugely considered but we have to weigh up the best person for the job. Legends and sentiment should not come into it.

My view on Big Dave may be more positive when we are stringing together a good run of dominant and composed football ( like Norwich ) and are in the top two.
    Hello Al'.

Shocked and stunned .

Not one reference to:

• Nice fella

• Thick

• Quality

• Getting what you pay for

• Rafa Benitez

• Beer

• Red wine

• Chips (cheap as)

• Chinese food

• Lips (being licked)

• Lai

• Runt

• Yellow

• Slitty eyes

• Short arms

• Deep pockets

• Little legs

• JP

• Jersey

Are you OK hun’ ?
    Last edited by Albionic68; 11-02-2019 at 02:32 PM.

Did we not beat Man Utd and draw with both Spurs and Liverpool last season with Moore in charge obviously that had nothing to do with him, three at the back was played because we didn't have a right-back and they were trying to find a system that fitted the players we had and that worked to a certain extent, hindsight is a wonderful thing and we can always look at games and say he should have done this and that, i personally think we are to nice and at times need to commit more fouls when we are leading to break to game up, i agree he has made mistakes and i think we over-play in our own half to much but i think some of the criticism he has received is well over the top our last manager was far more experienced than Moore and look at the job he did.

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    Did we not beat Man Utd and draw with both Spurs and Liverpool last season with Moore in charge obviously that had nothing to do with him, three at the back was played because we didn't have a right-back and they were trying to find a system that fitted the players we had and that worked to a certain extent, hindsight is a wonderful thing and we can always look at games and say he should have done this and that, i personally think we are to nice and at times need to commit more fouls when we are leading to break to game up, i agree he has made mistakes and i think we over-play in our own half to much but i think some of the criticism he has received is well over the top our last manager was far more experienced than Moore and look at the job he did.
    Moore did well last season and he's done OK this season but come on - with our squad we should be in the top six regardless, and without so many mistakes should be in the top two. We have a better squad than Leeds and Norwich but for me, they are where they are, because of tactically very good managers, and yes better than Big Dave.

I pray we can now go on a good run, and I would be the first to high five Big Dave. Promotion is a must in my eyes!

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Hello Al'.

Shocked and stunned .

Not one reference to:

• Nice fella

• Thick

• Quality

• Getting what you pay for

• Rafa Benitez

• Beer

• Red wine

• Chips (cheap as)

• Chinese food

• Lips (being licked)

• Lai

• Runt

• Yellow

• Slitty eyes

• Short arms

• Deep pockets

• Little legs

• JP

• Jersey

Are you OK hun’ ?

Turning over a new leaf 68!

PS - Lai is still a C??? As Blood says - ( a card )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)