+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Vaulks contract extended

Will Vaulks contract extended

About time but why isn’t there an extra contract ?

Disappointed
    Last edited by millertop; 06-03-2019 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    About time but why isn’t there an extra contract ?

Disappointed
    MT, it's quite simple really. One will have been offered but Vaulks will have turned it down as his choice lies elsewhere.

Rangers want him he knows that and refused a move there because, while ever he's playing in the English Championship his profile his raised higher and seen more, be it on TV or spoke of in the media which puts him in a bigger window. The Rangers offer will still be there at the end of the season. If we go down watch what happens.

If he did move to Rangers, at what would be 2nd division football, won't enhance him as much but the money would suit him.

Vaulks will almost certainly leave in the summer, 100% if we go down and I would have no problem with that. The lad deserves his chance with a bigger club and as long as we get a fair transfer fee he will leave with my blessing. I doubt very much Rangers can afford what we are looking for but the fact that he is well in the running for the PFA team of the year with a team that is 50/50 for relegation tells me that Championship clubs with deep pockets will be queuing up for him. This extra year option gives us a stronger negotiating position.

A crafty move the the Lane even if we stay up? He wouldn't dare, would he? Then again if Sheff Utd get promoted you couldn't blame him for that!

Quote Originally Posted by tony260674 View Post
    Vaulks will almost certainly leave in the summer, 100% if we go down and I would have no problem with that. The lad deserves his chance with a bigger club and as long as we get a fair transfer fee he will leave with my blessing. I doubt very much Rangers can afford what we are looking for but the fact that he is well in the running for the PFA team of the year with a team that is 50/50 for relegation tells me that Championship clubs with deep pockets will be queuing up for him. This extra year option gives us a stronger negotiating position.
    Tony, you said 'I doubt very much Rangers can afford what we are looking for'. You do realise we ask for peanuts for our players so I would imagine they will be in the running.

Not this time Steve. Norwich sniffed around in January and were quoted top dollar. Clubs in the championship have far deeper pockets than Glasgow Rangers and would be willing to pay much higher wages.

Quote Originally Posted by tony260674 View Post
    Not this time Steve. Norwich sniffed around in January and were quoted top dollar. Clubs in the championship have far deeper pockets than Glasgow Rangers and would be willing to pay much higher wages.
    Let's hope it all works out well for both the player and the club pal. Like you say, he deserves to better himself if an offer came along.

I do feel though that if Norwich got promoted, they would be looking for a far more higher calibre player than Vaulks to fill their ranks once they get their hands on the 100+ million pounds they will be awarded for gaining promotion to the Prem.

Thanks for the article Paul.

It’s a no brainer extending his contract if no suitable offer has come in for him.
    I would expect WV to go pre-season

If Norwich go up then they will set their sites higher than Vaulks but there will be 6/8 other clubs the equivalent size of Norwich who will be keen. His stats are amazing for a player in a team 3rd from bottom.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast