+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why should fans have to pay

Why should fans have to pay

To watch a player or HC etc on OWS give their views on a game
    Very short sighted policy in my view

Often wondered if Thiam and Cavare can speak english as I've never heard them interviewed which kind of underlines your point exile .

Saw Sky interview Man Utd's Anthony Martial the other day and it was subtitled , couldn't speak a word .

Been here a number of years now I believe , lazy lad I thought .

Aah still carnt mek art a wurd them rappers "sing/chelp".

I don't understand what this thread is about

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    I don't understand what this thread is about
    I'll try & explain

If you go on to BFC's website and see for instance Cauley Woodrow's or Daniel Stendels press interview, you can access what he says only if you pay
    which I contend is a short sighted policy from the club who should be stimulating interest not stifling it

You could argue the same point about Match tickets
    You pay to watch a match, you pay to watch an interview.
    It’s just the same.
    In the old days you bought and paid for a local
    Newspaper to hear the thoughts of a Coach, a week later in the Friday Chronicle. It’s the dynamic way news is delivered that you pay for
    I can’t see what the problem is. If you want to read it all at the end of the week, buy a paper!
    You wouldnt be happy unless the coach was phoning you up personally, and even then you’d have a moan that he was using a line you’d paid for....
    ( only joking mate )...

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    You could argue the same point about Match tickets
    You pay to watch a match, you pay to watch an interview.
    It’s just the same.
    In the old days you bought and paid for a local
    Newspaper to hear the thoughts of a Coach, a week later in the Friday Chronicle. It’s the dynamic way news is delivered that you pay for
    I can’t see what the problem is. If you want to read it all at the end of the week, buy a paper!
    You wouldnt be happy unless the coach was phoning you up personally, and even then you’d have a moan that he was using a line you’d paid for....
    ( only joking mate )...
    You 've always paid to watch a match
    Until recently [last year or so] you never paid to see what the club was saying
    I think it's called PR

The HC or players views are on other free sites

You don’t have to pay to hear *******s from Premiership HCs. Why should you in lower leagues?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy501 View Post
    You don’t have to pay to hear *******s from Premiership HCs. Why should you in lower leagues?
    Premiership Coaches and Clubs get millions, it’s paid for in TV contracts, signed by the clubs, it’s called media responsibility’s. They are contractually obliged.
    We on the other hand get a packet of a Rich tea and a packet of Typhoo from the Chronicle and Green un. Therefore we have to make a few bob from our own Contracts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast