+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are the missing fans ?

Where are the missing fans ?

Crowds have slowly dwindled over the past few years and you only have to look at our recent account results to see how much it’s affecting us off the field.

Where are you ? Why aren’t you coming along and supporting your team ? We’re one of the cheapest in the league and are unbelievably lucky to have a guy called Stephen Dobbie playing for us.

Would love to hear from people who don’t post on this forum very much your thoughts on this please.

Low attendances and the terrible yearly financial figures are a MASSIVE worry.
    I’m really surprised it’s not been talked about more on social media sites.

As mentioned in the link regarding the finances, lack of cup runs 2017/18 hasn't helped.

This season has been mixed. Played some nice stuff in spells but equally had some terrible performances at home where we played negative defensive football for a long period, all put fans off.

Quote Originally Posted by scooby_blue View Post

Crowds have slowly dwindled over the past few years and you only have to look at our recent account results to see how much it’s affecting us off the field.

Where are you ? Why aren’t you coming along and supporting your team ? We’re one of the cheapest in the league and are unbelievably lucky to have a guy called Stephen Dobbie playing for us.

Would love to hear from people who don’t post on this forum very much your thoughts on this please.

Low attendances and the terrible yearly financial figures are a MASSIVE worry.
    I’m really surprised it’s not been talked about more on social media sites.

scooby iv been explaining the answers for along time now why fans dont attend ,queens fans cant accept the answers ,tell you what try having a night uptown and go on a pub crawl ask loads of the public why thay dont go watch queens and what it would take for them to attend ,i can guarantee you wont be able to accept there answers .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    scooby iv been explaining the answers for along time now why fans dont attend ,queens fans cant accept the answers ,tell you what try having a night uptown and go on a pub crawl ask loads of the public why thay dont go watch queens and what it would take for them to attend ,i can guarantee you wont be able to accept there answers .
    Please explain?

Francis, - you may well have the answers and I would very much like to see your in depth explanation, - as I'm sure would the Board of Directors.

Bullet points with brief explanations as to why people are not attending would be brilliant, - and I'm being really serious with regards to this.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Francis, - you may well have the answers and I would very much like to see your in depth explanation, - as I'm sure would the Board of Directors.

Bullet points with brief explanations as to why people are not attending would be brilliant, - and I'm being really serious with regards to this.

jardi iv pointed these out alot of times on here and when i do it always gets shot down by people on here ,iv asked around many people like i said for scooby to do for himself and most of the answers i got were undeliverable to queens id say .

most of them i asked said theres no way thay would consider watching queens for 18 quid ,i did explain to many that we are cheapest in the league which was met by laughs usually ,i asked how much you would consider paying ,most said thay would part with a fiver at most to watch queens ,some say thay wouldnt attend a queens game if queens payed them ,then there was a good few that would attend if queens showed more ambition ,min requirements for these lot is premier and going for trophies ,ie success lol or seen as trying for it ,there was also a few moaning about the smoking ban ,which i said you canny smoke in the pubs either ,but there answer was at least i can walk to the pub door and smoke just outside the pub ,cant do that at palmy ,but the most worrying thing for me was alot seen queens as a laughing stock poking fun at us ,as i say try asking a few people like that next time your out for yourselfs ,there was alot more but i canny remember lol ,no doubt jardi this will be shot at by the usual lads ,i think queens should post a questionnaire survey around doors asking what it would take for people to attend ,thats the best way queens will get the answers thay need from a bigger polulation .

jardi iv pointed these out alot of times on here and when i do it always gets shot down by people on here ,iv asked around many people like i said for scooby to do for himself and most of the answers i got were undeliverable to queens id say .

most of them i asked said theres no way thay would consider watching queens for 18 quid ,i did explain to many that we are cheapest in the league which was met by laughs usually ,i asked how much you would consider paying ,most said thay would part with a fiver at most to watch queens ,some say thay wouldnt attend a queens game if queens payed them ,then there was a good few that would attend if queens showed more ambition ,min requirements for these lot is premier and going for trophies ,ie success lol or seen as trying for it ,there was also a few moaning about the smoking ban ,which i said you canny smoke in the pubs either ,but there answer was at least i can walk to the pub door and smoke just outside the pub ,cant do that at palmy ,but the most worrying thing for me was alot seen queens as a laughing stock poking fun at us ,as i say try asking a few people like that next time your out for yourselfs ,there was alot more but i canny remember lol ,no doubt jardi this will be shot at by the usual lads ,i think queens should post a questionnaire survey around doors asking what it would take for people to attend ,thats the best way queens will get the answers thay need from a bigger polulation .

alltho with a questionnaire there would have to be a tickbox on it saying are you a current queens fan ,as current queens fans views will be more happy to what we have ,the target is the ones who aint queens fans .

The lack of ambition is a real point and also no leadership from the BOD, they never talk the club up.

When I started watching Queens in the 1970's it was the price of a couple of pints to get in ....... the pubs shut between 2.30pm and 5pm ...... we played all the teams in our league twice each season ....live football was on the tv about twice a season .... you could take a huge carryout into games ..... local players played with the club their entire career ....

....... can we re-invent the wheel?

In the past 20 years we’ve been in 4 challenge cup finals ( winning 2 ) our first Scottish Cup Final appearance, played in Europe for the first time also and won two league titles. That’s not too bad for a team with no ambition ehh !!!!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)