+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Where are the missing fans ?

Quote Originally Posted by fatfan View Post
    A lot of interesting reading here and what sticks out is the image of qos amongst a lot of the locals in dumfries. I attend almost all home games and the odd away game. But every Saturday I'll travell to watch a match if queens are away.
    The one thing that is different between qos and a lot of clubs down south is that queens only offer football as entertainment, nothing else.
    If you go to Liverpool or man city you can have a day out prior to a game with the entertainment that is provided. Local bands playing on stages, community coaches taking kids for sessions for £3 prior to a match, outside bars where parents can have a drink while the kids are getting coached. Big screens showing old games. There is so much more on offer than just the game.
    I'm not saying queens can do all of this but I'm sure local bands would jump at the chance to play around Palmerston prior to a game and maybe having pipe bands playing inside the ground. They get the exposure and it attracts crowds to the ground and builds an atmosphere about the place. As it stands we pay our money and all that is on offer is the football which isn't enough for some

iv been going to palmy since the early 80s on a regular basis and the feeling of missing a game was hard to take ,but nowadays im not getting that same feeling about queens ,iv mist more games this season than iv mist in decades ,it just costs too much ,and with the more games you miss the more easier it gets and the more you find other things to do that dont hit you in the pocket ,for me attending now my expectations in what i want from queens to justify me parting with cash has increased defo .

I'm not a Calvin Harris fan, but has anyone from the club contacted him to ask if he could do anything for the club, as he is a local lad

Quote Originally Posted by The caulback View Post
    I'm not a Calvin Harris fan, but has anyone from the club contacted him to ask if he could do anything for the club, as he is a local lad

the calvin harris point has been made on many occasions ,i honestly dont think calvin harris has any interest in queens or dumfries anymore these days and wonder if he ever had .

I think you are right

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    the calvin harris point has been made on many occasions ,i honestly dont think calvin harris has any interest in queens or dumfries anymore these days and wonder if he ever had .
    I'm not talking about a concert. That's been tried and failed. I'm talking about bands playing outside the ground, kids getting coached, area to get food and drinks. Make the place more atmospheric rather than what we have now. Maybe then people would be attracted to attend

I'm not talking about a concert. That's been tried and failed. I'm talking about bands playing outside the ground, kids getting coached, area to get food and drinks. Make the place more atmospheric rather than what we have now. Maybe then people would be attracted to attend

yep its a decent idea fatfan ,i think thay could make part of that arena ,prob around the front old loading bay area have a big pub and bear garden area ,its a big area so as you say entertainment can be done ,id like to see things like the old burger vans and other types of mobile things along the side of the walkway behind the portland terrace ,and im sure you can fit other things in about the place during matchdays to attract all the fans home and away plus newbies to drink eat and enjoy themselfs up around the palmy area instead of drinking uptown before matches ,theres a small fortune to be made there for queens likes .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 15-02-2019 at 03:31 PM.

and fatfan i dont think the concert thing is a complete fail ,yes the last one was a massive fail ,but look at the bands thay tried to get lool ,very bad planning that was ,those bands were never going to sell ,the concert idea has alot of merrit but it will take a shrewed organiser prob needing to be someone with good experience of that trade ,theres plenty of bands that would sell out palmy 10 times over .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 15-02-2019 at 04:06 PM.

https://twitter.com/hammerqos/status...195061250?s=19 Found a prog from 92-83 . Look at these for some awful crowds

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    https://twitter.com/hammerqos/status...195061250?s=19 Found a prog from 92-83 . Look at these for some awful crowds

Season 1992/93 we finished 5th bottom of the old Division 2 table.

Played - 39
    Won - 12
    Drew - 9
    Lost - 18

For - 57 goals
    Against - 72
    Points - 33

Crowd average - 586. The lowest in the clubs history.

Crowd averages the last 10 seasons

2008/09 - 2720
    2009/10 - 2364
    2010/11 - 1702
    2011/12 - 1550
    2012/13 - 1658
    2013/14 - 1723
    2014/15 - 2796
    2015/16 - 2115
    2016/17 - 1857
    2017/18 - 1452

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)