+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sir Charlie 12.2.94

What a day. Car broke down on the way back to college in Leeds which was a bit of a bummer.

Great season but Mick Walker drove me mad by constantly not starting Gary McSwegan.

Quote Originally Posted by meoldlaner View Post
    I remember it because I had a really gobby F****t fan behind me in the County Road Stand, and when we equalised he became less so and when Charlie scored he vanished up his own backside! The joy!
    The F***** fan must have really distracted you - McSwegan put us 1 up in the second half and they equalised near the end with a spawny goal befitting the spawn of Satan. We went down the other end, won the free kick - which Draper wasted. Ref said it was taken before he was ready, though, so we got to retake it ... and the rest is history.

I think the 4-1s against Derby and Leicester were amazing performances, though - blew them both away. As memory recalls, Rob Matthews ran from one end of the pitch to the other when he scored against Leicester. I’d better stop, though, before I bump into lots of F***** fans also living in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Brings goosebumps every time I watch it...
    And one big smile

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mac pie View Post
    Brings goosebumps every time I watch it...
    And one big smile
    The great Charlie Palmer running down the cinder track in front of the Pavis stand!!!....aaaaah what great memories!!

Cute.

Omg!! Where did you get that video from? I'm there, with my brother, smell of greasy fat from the chips drifting from behind the main stand, my bother jumping over my back screaming his lungs out, a bloody idiot of a forest fan next to us looking dejected after screaming in our faces just minutes before. Happy happy memories, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by garibaldi View Post
    Cute.
    Nice to see that after all these years it still touches a nerve!

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    a bloody idiot of a forest fan next to us looking dejected after screaming in our faces just minutes before. Happy happy memories, thank you
    Quite a few bloody idiot Forest fans in the Family Stand were singing Bohinen in our faces at 1-1 (hence the name) so when CP scored we all surrounded them chanting McSweeeeegan in their faces. They did not like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Nice to see that after all these years it still touches a nerve!
    I was 7 at the time and I have no idea who he is other than he scored against Forest.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12