+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aaron Ramsey on £400k per week.

Aaron Ramsey on £400k per week.

Just signed a pre contract with Juve. On £400,000 per week.

There's no hope for the finances of the game if a single player is on £20 million per year in any league or division.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Just signed a pre contract with Juve. On £400,000 per week.

There's no hope for the finances of the game if a single player is on £20 million per year in any league or division.
    Aye read that the other day,the game is phucked….

£400 a week,it's a disgrace.

Nobody could turn that down.

It's ridiculous money. On the radio this morning it said he will earn over 80mill over the duration on his contract. I've read that Sanchez is supposedly on 600K a week at Manure crazy. Players at club like ours can literally triple there wages just to go sit on the bench for these teams. No wonder there's no loyalty left in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_Jacko View Post
    It's ridiculous money. On the radio this morning it said he will earn over 80mill over the duration on his contract. I've read that Sanchez is supposedly on 600K a week at Manure crazy. Players at club like ours can literally triple there wages just to go sit on the bench for these teams. No wonder there's no loyalty left in the game.
    Much as it disgusts you can't blame the players for taking advantage of it. It needs to be stopped or at least regulated higher up and a lot done to control or even eliminate a lot of these bloodsucking instigating agents who are largely the parasites creating it.

It's 400K a week basic wage though, he'll be adding a fair bit more on for games played, goals, trophies etc.

Game has gone mad.

Agreed you can't blame players for taking advantage but god, it's mad.

He'll earn more in a month than most of us will earn in our lifetimes (i'd imagine).

It's obscene.

I thought Ramsey was one of those players that picked up injuries quite regulary. I could be wrong.

And when you think of that £20 million+ per year and think Sir John Hall bought this entire club just 27 years ago for I believe £12 million.

It's time for the governors of the sport FIFA & each of the FA's to step in.

The money is ridiculous nowadays.

Agents fees & the way transfers are conducted is completely corrupt.

You just have to wonder how many of the top brass are wetting their beak behind the scenes.

Poses another question for me especially about the English FA - how come there are no former football players in the top jobs?

Richard Scudamore worked for a news paper groups "Prior to his career in football, Scudamore worked for ten years in the newspaper industry, mainly for Thomson." from his wiki.

What made him qualified to oversea the nations most important sport?

I find it totally offensive.

People like Shearer, Alex Ferguson (if he was English) etc should run the game. The rules would be changed because they have experienced the game from the inside and know what is best of fans & players alike.

However we don't live in an honest world so fat chance of that happening, the status quo of back handers/bungs tapping up & dodgy deals will remain.

Shameful!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)