+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Score, scorers and attendance prediction vs. Mansfield Town 16.02.19

Score, scorers and attendance prediction vs. Mansfield Town 16.02.19

Notts 3- 2 Mansfield

Gomis, CMS, Stubbs

Last edited by SwalePie; 15-02-2019 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Corrected date. Cheers Jeekay!

Super***yPies 2 - Mansfield 0 Stead and Bishop OG

Attendance 14,928

Notts 3 Mansfailed 1
    Gomis,Stubbs and Enzio
    Let's hope Grant doesn't get the boos as he played a big part for us last year.

0-0

Quote Originally Posted by meoldlaner View Post
    Notts 3 Mansfailed 1
    Gomis,Stubbs and Enzio
    Let's hope Grant doesn't get the boos as he played a big part for us last year.
    Agree with the response for Grant - give him a big round of applause before the game in recognition of his time with us, then just treat him like any opposition player during the match (until we’re winning 5-0, then we can start applauding him when he takes corners). Same goes for Neal Bishop and Krystian Pearce.

We’ve treated some returning heroes pretty shabbily over the years (Christie, Goodwin, Tommy Johnson, to name but three), and I never understood the abuse. If nothing else, it encourages them to up their game.

As for the game itself, I’ll settle for either 5-0 to Notts or 2-1, with goals from Gomis and Stead (pen).

I wish I had my fellow pies' optimism. Mansfield probably have the best squad in the division and are second in the table for a reason.

Hmm I don't know. My head says Mansfield win every time we play them. We've sucked against them for years now, regardless of how well or badly we're doing in the league. But then my heart says Notts win - after all, our awful run against them has to come to an end eventually.

I think both teams will create chances. It will all boil down to who takes them. This is where I think Mansfield have the edge - Tyler Walker and Jorge Grant are match winners, and the script seems written for them to do us. I like our attacking options, but I'm just not sure we're ruthless enough just yet to scrape this one. That said, we seem to have a team worthy of a battle now, and that alone gives me confidence.

Notts 2 - 3 Mansfield

Gomis, Stead
    Walker 2, Grant

Att: 12,000, with 96,000 Mansfield fans trying to get into the home end.

On the subject of Grant, Bishop and Pearce - I agree, it would be a shame to boo them. Grant did a great job for us last season and the one before. Bishop was part of our championship-winning side and captained us when we opened Juventus' new ground. Great player he was. I always liked Pearce, too. Wish they all still played for us to be honest.

Should be a good atmosphere. Hopefully no trouble.

COYP

Notts 2-0 Stags

Gomis Enzio

3-2 Randal Masson (pen) Stubbs 12,879

Notts 0-10 Mansfield.

Based on two things - firstly, it's a formality that Stags will soon be playing in the same division as Forest, so the best we can hope for against such an array of talent is a heavy defeat. Secondly, when the majority of Notts fans predict a win it usually goes tits up.

Attendance prediction? More Stags "fans" at Meadow Lane than they will get in their next home game.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post

Attendance prediction? More Stags "fans" at Meadow Lane than they will get in their next home game.
    Didn't they get 5000 last home game though it was under 18's free.

spoons and hoots will be busy, Y'all got anymore wings Name:  1972-Deliverance-04.jpg
Views: 1787
Size:  70.1 KB

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast