+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Score, scorers and attendance prediction vs. Mansfield Town 16.02.19

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Wouldn't class them as a bogey team.Yes, they have had the better results recently.As for league positions,local derbies means form book goes out the window
    How are they not a bogey team? There must be some young Notts fans who have never seen us beat them! It's got to the point now where it's ridiculous. What is it, 15 years or something? They are the definition of a bogey team. It's just a shame that they also happen to be local rivals.

But as others have said, all runs must come to an end. It would be great to end theirs tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    How are they not a bogey team? There must be some young Notts fans who have never seen us beat them! It's got to the point now where it's ridiculous. What is it, 15 years or something? They are the definition of a bogey team. It's just a shame that they also happen to be local rivals.

But as others have said, all runs must come to an end. It would be great to end theirs tomorrow.
    A bogey team is a club you play over the years & have very little success.Notts have had plenty of success over the stags over the years. Ok, the last few years haven't produced the wins we crave for against them,but bogey team,no not for me.

Notts 4-1 Mansfailed

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    A bogey team is a club you play over the years & have very little success.Notts have had plenty of success over the stags over the years. Ok, the last few years haven't produced the wins we crave for against them,but bogey team,no not for me.
    Yeah, it all depends on what time frame you use. But in recent years, going all the way back to early last decade, Mansfield have been a side that we have almost always performed poorly against. So it's not surprising that some of their fans have this 'we don't lose to County' attitude, because in their time supporting the club, they probably haven't.

Of course, that doesn't tell the whole story. During those 15 years or so, we've often played a division or two above them. But when we meet, regardless of form, we tend to suck. Hence the 'bogey team' tag.

Don't worry.bogey team won't be the term for them to use after tomorrow.It will be "hope you go down" after we take 3pts off them, that at the end of the season, they look back it costs them promotion & they will be in the same division as us next.

It’s a tough one to call for me. Yes we are playing an in form team who boast a very good squad, but was that not the case with Lincoln? The players had 2 days together and produced a performance. Now they have had 2 weeks.
    We have played well in our last 2 games, so we have a little bit of form and momentum, the new recruits are good solid pros who I don’t think will allow performance levels to drop.
    In terms of bogey teams, I don’t buy in to that, both teams have different players all the time. Look at how different the sides will be from when we last played them 10 weeks ago. Notts will have something daft like 8/9 different players in the starting 11.
    I think it will be cagey with a couple of goals in it. Heart says 2-0 us, but head is screaming 1-1.
    Either way I just want us to put in a performance against the Stags.

We were tipped to win the league at the start of the season but we were missing the key to the jigsaw - a midfield partnership. Enter O'brien and Doyle. Now we're more than a match for anyone.

We are more than capable of giving them a game and I think our midfield will keep the lightweight Florest boys quiet.

Notts 2 - 1 Mans

Hemmings, Rose.

Attendance; 11,800

This one got draw written all over it...

Us 3-3 Them....

Ozzie scores in the 90+3 minute to give Notts a point (if he get on)... Hemmings the other 2

Quote Originally Posted by Pietastic View Post
    Attendance - 15,771 - Football fever grabs Nottingham as the Great Escape 3 (or 4, 5 or 6?) gains momentum.

As someone wisely said - best not to get too optimistic though as it temps fate for a big downer. So...

Notts 1 - 9 Mansfield

😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

2-1 Notts Enzio and CMS for us, Grant’s bound to score for them.

12,937 The biggest challenge for me will be to remember it’s a 1 o clock kick off.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast