+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Score, scorers and attendance prediction vs. Mansfield Town 16.02.19

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    As per title above Lies , Dam Lies and Statistics.

Like i said we never played mansfield when we had a good side, which in last 20 years has been hardly ever except 1999 ,and 2010 when hughes was there. Cant remember playing stags in those 2 years, and if we had we would have buried them

Ladybower is the world's tallest dam.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Ladybower is the world's tallest dam.
    That's a damn lie

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    That's a damn lie
    Bugger. I've been rumbled.

12 league games. 18 years. 1 win for Notts this century. 22 years and 8 league games since Notts last beat Stags at Meadow Lane.

But....all runs come to an end at some point and it will happen eventually. If it's tomorrow, fair play, you'll deserve it because one thing is for certain, this Stags team will turn up.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagnificent View Post
    12 league games. 18 years. 1 win for Notts this century. 22 years and 8 league games since Notts last beat Stags at Meadow Lane.

But....all runs come to an end at some point and it will happen eventually. If it's tomorrow, fair play, you'll deserve it because one thing is for certain, this Stags team will turn up.
    Well to be fair it isn't far.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    2-1 Notts Enzio and CMS for us, Grant’s bound to score for them.

12,937 The biggest challenge for me will be to remember it’s a 1 o clock kick off.
    I can see why someone like you would struggle. Anyway, Notts 2 Manchesterfield United 0. Steady and Eddie.

Come on lets get real after 30 mins stags 0/2 up notts have a player sent of. game over. Its always this way in notts big games with a big crowd

Quote Originally Posted by nay123 View Post
    Come on lets get real after 30 mins stags 0/2 up notts have a player sent of. game over. Its always this way in notts big games with a big crowd
    It's better to feel this way, and then if we're wrong the upside is even better. The only way I could be more pessimistic at the moment would be if the match was going to be on Sky, because we always seem to blow those games.

Nothing like a bit of doom and gloom. Stylish Maggies 3-1.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Agree with the response for Grant - give him a big round of applause before the game in recognition of his time with us, then just treat him like any opposition player during the match (until we’re winning 5-0, then we can start applauding him when he takes corners). Same goes for Neal Bishop and Krystian Pearce.

We’ve treated some returning heroes pretty shabbily over the years (Christie, Goodwin, Tommy Johnson, to name but three), and I never understood the abuse. If nothing else, it encourages them to up their game..
    Come on, nw6pie, it's all part of supporting your team and winding the opposition up. If Grant gets more than the usual jeers and boos you can blame their manager, he's the one that's given him a high profile for today by asking for his protection, the ref can't protect him from the Kop though, can he? We'll see how grown up Grant is today, if he reacts with a laugh he'll be applauded, if he sulks he won't half get some stick.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast