+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are clubs really the way rival fans see them?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    That doesn't bother me, the bit that really annoys me is that some of them still believe "We saved your club". A few of them may have chucked a couple of quid in a bucket at the time (and we were grateful), but Haydn Green saved our club.

We should never, ever forget that.
    Amen to that Elite. Interestingly I find their supporters are the only ones who ever bring this subject up. Supporters from all over the country contributed. Chesterfield FC allowed us to do a bucket collection at Saltergate, and their supporters were really generous. Despite living in Derbyshire for years, I never had a single Spireite say that they had saved our club.

As for Haydn Green, well we simply wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Amen to that Elite. Interestingly I find their supporters are the only ones who ever bring this subject up. Supporters from all over the country contributed. Chesterfield FC allowed us to do a bucket collection at Saltergate, and their supporters were really generous. Despite living in Derbyshire for years, I never had a single Spireite say that they had saved our club.

As for Haydn Green, well we simply wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him.

With the Forest thing, generally the only ones I ever get crap banter like that from are the ones that hardly ever go to matches. As they're by far the bigger club, they have a lot more bandwagon/armchair fans (go round town on a Saturday afternoon when Forest are playing at home and see how many Forest shirts you see out shopping). Again, nothing to do with Forest, everything to do with tw@ts in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    That doesn't bother me, the bit that really annoys me is that some of them still believe "We saved your club". A few of them may have chucked a couple of quid in a bucket at the time (and we were grateful), but Haydn Green saved our club.

We should never, ever forget that.
    Just mention the council loan that saved them? They had a choice to donate money, as a council tax payer, I wasn't given a choice to save their club when they were given a council guaranteed loan!

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Look at this board, when do we ever agree on anything?
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Agreed.
    Well you’re wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Well you’re wrong!
    Oh no he's not!

I'm a Stags fan and I don't think you lot are arrogant. The only Stags fans who do think that are ones that only have contact with you online, where everything is exaggerated. In person, we're all pretty much the same. I know 4 Notts fans and they're all sound. Now I'm not saying some of you AREN'T massive w@nkers but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt until I meet you.
    Sometimes an idea or stereotype just fits for whatever reason and takes on. I haven't found your fans anywhere near as arrogant as some Forest fans, maybe because they aren't regular, knowledgeable fans and only know how to talk about past glories. At least with Notts, you're long suffering and regular attendees.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123