+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Swansea ***Matchday Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Said it for ages now - thin skinned touchy fecker aren't you?

Not bothered about your feigned pleasure at the win - it's all that twee shyte about hit hard hit first blah blah blah you keep spouting - as if you where some ex SAS veteran load of bollox - give it a rest saddo

ps - In my case it's Delighted [Not a tad pleased] we are top matey!
    Never suggested I was ex-forces, the quote is very well known, and I make no excuse for using it from time to time. and as for being pleased about the win, you clearly haven't heard of "understatement".

I'm not thin skinned, far from it, but just about every time you respond to ANY post of mine, it's to criticise me (a la "Feigned pleasure" comment or the "give it a rest saddo" etc etc. gets a bit f00king boring, and makes me wonder why you bother. I for one can't be ar5ed any more, so I may read the drivel you spout, (in response to my posts or not), but reply/response there will be none.

I'm very happy we are top and even happier at the way we came out yesterday.

I'd rather lose, or win attacking than to play for points or a point. You look at the worlds best clubs and some of them, even in the champions league, don't go in looking for a point. They go in attacking and play to win.

as much as I'm rooting for pool to win the prem I know that Man city's going to do it. They attack from the opening whistle and have all season. They are good enough to do it.

MB and Pep are not so different coaching wise.

Just wish we would take more of our chances, the way this league is the goal difference could be the difference between going up automatically or being in the lottery of the play offs.

scored first for a change, allows us to relax and play our natural game, too many games lately, weve conceeded first, the opposition know our game and park the bus.
    Last edited by asturianblanco; 15-02-2019 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    scored first for a change, allows us to relax and play our natural game, too many games lately, weve conceeded first, the opposition know our game and park the bus.
    Spot on. The whole pattern of the game unfolds depending on who gets their nose in front. Crucial we score first to run the game the way we want to.Makes opposition stay open whilst having to come at us to get something out of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by UbiqueLUFC33 View Post
    Very pleased with the points and most of the performance. Once again we didn't kill it off when we really should have and ended up with a nervy last 10 minutes.

I thought Harrison had a good game; he was certainly better than usual. Not sure what else Shackleton can do before he is given a start ahead of Ayling who was very average once again compounded by the penalty.

From what I saw of Davis I'm not sure we're missing much and he seemed to go to ground just as easily as Dwight Gayle.
    Just watched swansea v brentford
    Daniel James was awesome we have no chance getting him now he is quality must be the quickest player in the EFL we should have got him jan 1st not pissing around 30 million player he will be if not more

Quote Originally Posted by klix View Post
    Just watched swansea v brentford
    Daniel James was awesome we have no chance getting him now he is quality must be the quickest player in the EFL we should have got him jan 1st not pissing around 30 million player he will be if not more
    Anything (football player, goldfish, motor vehicle, anything), is only worth as much as someone is prepared to pay. Nobody else was in the bidding for James, Swans wanted one thing, Leeds were offering something different, end of.

We don't need James in order to get promoted, just the existing squad to perform as it can (and did against Stoke etc at the start of the season). If we get promoted, the James issue will be an irrelevance.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Anything (football player, goldfish, motor vehicle, anything), is only worth as much as someone is prepared to pay. Nobody else was in the bidding for James, Swans wanted one thing, Leeds were offering something different, end of.

We don't need James in order to get promoted, just the existing squad to perform as it can (and did against Stoke etc at the start of the season). If we get promoted, the James issue will be an irrelevance.
    So we dont need a quality player even man city need a quality player

Quote Originally Posted by klix View Post
    So we dont need a quality player even man city need a quality player
    Not to get promoted, no. We have been in the top 6 for the whole season, with injuries that would have destroyed most squads, and not always getting the results our domination of games has deserved. That hasn't changed just because Swansea couldn't find their commercial ars5e with both hands.

He would have been useful to say the least, but Swansea shafted us and didn't want us to have him. End off.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)