+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT Thread removed?

OT Thread removed?

There was a topic posted by our visitor from Cambridge earlier today comparing Notts to palliative care,did it get nasty after I posted or was it just pulled by the mods as like I said was in bad taste? Been at work since posting on it

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    There was a topic posted by our visitor from Cambridge earlier today comparing Notts to palliative care,did it get nasty after I posted or was it just pulled by the mods as like I said was in bad taste? Been at work since posting on it
    I suspect it was quite rightly pulled because it was in very poor taste.

I've always found Psaw quite amusing, but this definitely wasn't one of his better efforts.

Hopefully just removed,it was in extremely poor taste.

Hi irishpete

I deleted the article as it seemed the general consensus was that it was in extremely bad taste. I haven't banned Roger as I suspect he simply made a bad judgement rather than having any deliberate intent to upset people.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Hi irishpete

I deleted the article as it seemed the general consensus was that it was in extremely bad taste. I haven't banned Roger as I suspect he simply made a bad judgement rather than having any deliberate intent to upset people.
    Cheers Swale

100% right in what you did all round.No ban needed.Was just thoughtless/careless

Goodness me, sensitive arnt we. It must have been another mention of the Greg Taylor header, and the prospect of playing Wisbech Town in the first round of the trophy. Some people dont like being reminded of dying...i suppose. Its a fact of being alive. Lets not face up to that then. Roger, a bit dissapointed in you. p.s, it wasnt about dying but about relegation. Same thing?

pps, facing up to death is a good thing psychologically, it allows you live live life to the full, to get everything out of it. While you can.

Clearly not educated in Cambridge judging by some of that spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw View Post
    Goodness me, sensitive arnt we. It must have been another mention of the Greg Taylor header, and the prospect of playing Wisbech Town in the first round of the trophy. Some people dont like being reminded of dying...i suppose. Its a fact of being alive. Lets not face up to that then. Roger, a bit dissapointed in you. p.s, it wasnt about dying but about relegation. Same thing?

pps, facing up to death is a good thing psychologically, it allows you live live life to the full, to get everything out of it. While you can.
    Facing up to death, and talking about it, is a good thing, agreed. However, using death to poke fun at someone or something isn't.

I've just spent an hour with someone whose father died yesterday morning - pretty sure they wouldn't have thought it was a good basis for humour.

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw View Post

If you'll pardon the puns everyone, let's just let it lie now. Please don't bring it up again Roger, we'll let this one go.