+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Hull City Post Match Thoughts

Couldn't see anything other than a heavy defeat at half time so in that respect it's a great point but again it leaves us wondering what could have been if we'd started the game the way we started the second half.
    We showed that pre-Christmas grit and determination in the 2nd half, the fight and togetherness that kept our heads above water in the first place, let's hope we've found our mojo and start showing that spirit from the off in our remaining games.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Yes I did at the time (red button) but no player made a fuss, haven’t seen reply yet
    Just seen highlights, very close but I’d say on side

My favourite moment was when ball hit ref in face

Got to be honest here in Thailand I waited up till 4 am (7 hours in front) saw that we were 2-0 down thoughts were here we go again and I went to bed. at 12 o'clock Thai time, which is 5 am British. I checked results shock was the feeling but thoughts why they cant fight like this at home.

Quote Originally Posted by thaimillerfan View Post
    Got to be honest here in Thailand I waited up till 4 am (7 hours in front) saw that we were 2-0 down thoughts were here we go again and I went to bed. at 12 o'clock Thai time, which is 5 am British. I checked results shock was the feeling but thoughts why they cant fight like this at home.
    They can, it was only due to that car smash start that forced Warne into gambling for a point. He got a point, credit for that, but planned? No don’t think so.

We came good when Warne reverted back to 451. As unhappy as fans are it looks like Warne was right from the start and with these players 451 is our strongest formation...
    352 worked Vs Millwall simply cos the difference in class between them and Hull...

Forgot to add thought both CB played well (Robertson & Ike)

Formation doesn’t matter when the players have a lack of effort and don’t track the runners.

Think the problem with playing 3 5 2 is that we don't have any proper wing backs at the club. Possibly Mattock arguably but certainly nowt on the right hand side so we have no real out let on the wings. Teams like Millwall who lack skill on the wings can be countered a bit but we are going to be pinned back with teams with good wingers. Think that system could work against less footballing sides in this league but not skillful ones. It would be daft to play 3 5 2 at home as well when we really need to get at the opposition.

We don’t play 4-5-1, it’s 4-1-4-1

It’s not the formation that isn’t working, it’s the way we play, too much holding back and hoof up front to an invisible player most of the time.

When we do actually keep Ball at pitch level and pass (rareity I know) we don’t give Smith the help he needs, how can he go through all season chasing balls, holding it up waiting for help at snails pace and expected to score ?

Oh and the right players from the start helps aswell
    Last edited by millertop; 13-02-2019 at 02:51 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast