+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hull City Post Match Thoughts

Good comeback but we’re still going down

1 point certainly better than none but Bolton win and MIllwall draw so other results not in our favour and Reading win tomorrow means dropping into bottom 3.

In Western Australia at moment so woke up at 4.30 am and listened to 2nd half. Glad I did! Great to read Matchthread esp first half after the event. Very entertaining. Hope Warney sorts out his team selection for big game Sat. No stupid decisions pls!

Last night's stats - 40% possession, 14 shots , 5 on target. Ie, as usual conceding possession, and squandering chances. I'm not saying "Sack Warney", but we need to bring somebody in as a coach who can work on that and improve it as soon as possible The "Big boot" strategy only worked for the old Wimbledon because they had some tough defenders (whose behaviour would not be tolerated by referees now) and somebody up front who could put the ball in the net. Does Warney see passing the ball and shooting on target as priorities? If he's deliberately told the players to always shoot at the first opportunity even when a long distance from goal, then the strategy has not been very successful, but even that could be worked on in training - not much sign that it has been.
    Got to put the opposition goalkeeper under much more presssure. When we started to play properly last night we got back into the game.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 13-02-2019 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Last night's stats - 40% possession, 14 shots , 5 on target. Ie, as usual conceding possession, and squandering chances. I'm not saying "Sack Warney", but we need to bring somebody in as a coach who can work on that and improve it as soon as possible The "Big boot" strategy only worked for the old Wimbledon because they had some tough defenders (whose behaviour would not be tolerated by referees now) and somebody up front who could put the ball in the net. Does Warney see passing the ball and shooting on target as priorities? If he's deliberately told the players to always shoot at the first opportunity even when a long distance from goal, then the strategy has not been very successful, but even that could be worked on in training - not much sign that it has been.
    Got to put the opposition goalkeeper under much more presssure. When we started to play properly last night we got back into the game.
    What makes you think there's even the remotest possibility of bringing another coach in when we don't even sign new players when they're desperately needed?
    We will continue to struggle with what we've got because the ambition at the club is so limited.

Stand by my comments last night.
    Why can we not play for 90 minutes?
    Why do we keep hoofing it ?
    How have we managed to get in a position where we have Yates in the starting 11?
    That style of play is terrible to watch and clearly not getting wins so why carry on with it?

I desperately want Warne to prove all the doubters wrong.
    It was an 18 hour day for me yesterday and the least you expect us for the team to turn up for the full 90.
    It’s happened too many times when we only turn up for half the game.
    Very rare I will criticise on here but questions need to be asked.
    Still fuming about the lack of effort first half.

Nobody has commented on this yet but does anybody think their first goal was offside. Looking at the replay this morning I would say it was, not by much, but offside it was. We never get the rub of the green with the officials. Its about time we did...

Ajayi has to do better there by the way giving the ball away so easily. For a big lad he has to be stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Nobody has commented on this yet but does anybody think their first goal was offside. Looking at the replay this morning I would say it was, not by much, but offside it was. We never get the rub of the green with the officials. Its about time we did...

Ajayi has to do better there by the way giving the ball away so easily. For a big lad he has to be stronger.
    Yes I did at the time (red button) but no player made a fuss, haven’t seen reply yet

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    Stand by my comments last night.
    Why can we not play for 90 minutes?
    Why do we keep hoofing it ?
    How have we managed to get in a position where we have Yates in the starting 11?
    That style of play is terrible to watch and clearly not getting wins so why carry on with it?

I desperately want Warne to prove all the doubters wrong.
    It was an 18 hour day for me yesterday and the least you expect us for the team to turn up for the full 90.
    It’s happened too many times when we only turn up for half the game.
    Very rare I will criticise on here but questions need to be asked.
    Still fuming about the lack of effort first half.
    Definitely ****s me off when Warney puts a **** team/formation out at away games,that is like putting two fingers up to fans

Glad I didn’t go now (was itching to)

First half was the worst I've seen all season - effort, performance...everything. Fully appreciate that Warne has a tough job but don't understand the decision to start with two players who couldn't even get a game for us in league one and have been playing in league 1/2 all season. I thought Forde had his best game for us on Saturday and yet he starts on the bench and Yates comes in. I'm not one for criticising individual players but has Yates EVER been effective for us?

Did much better once Forde and Taylor came on, and who knows if they'd been on from the start? In the end, a point away at Hull isn't the sort of result that will get us relegated but looking at the second half, that game could have been there to win.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast