+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Isn't this site

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    I've enjoyed reading the threads of late. Certainly a drastic improvement from a few months ago since the Sh!t stirring anti-Rafa mooks have been booted.

It has allowed for a general free-flowing football related discussion.

Gan canny everyone.

Yes it's good to have differing opinions without the previous insults which used to fly about instantly.

It would be boring if we all agreed on everything all the time but previously it would automatically lead to an instant declaration of war with those two usurpers.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Yes it's good to have differing opinions without the previous insults which used to fly about instantly.

It would be boring if we all agreed on everything all the time but previously it would automatically lead to an instant declaration of war with those two usurpers.
    The one thing you can always be sure of is that you won't get 3 Geordies to agree on everything. You'll be lucky to get them to agree on much other than; "fancy a pint? Aye gan then"

However what used to really get to me from the two bell-ends; Ghost and the other one, was the blind ignorance to the facts which were plain to see by all.

It's much like the coke-head Ferdinand (you'd think his uncle would slap the idiot out of him when it comes to NUFC wouldn't you?), the muppets at Talk(Sh!te)Sport (apart from Mick Quinn of course) or the clown Keys who have their own agenda based on financial incentives from Ashley's PR 'Guru'.

However this 'PR Guru' fella isn't being very Guru like is he?

What I can't understand is why anyone who owns a company/business/public entity like NUFC who professes to working hard to sell it would so publicly hammer it?

You would think that NUFC was a toxic waste dumping site & the efforts to negatively manipulate publicly opinion would be the absolute worst thing which would damage the potential value of the asset?

The longer this goes on the more it appears the owner got very very lucky in his life rather than him being a shrewd business operator.

There was a gap in the retail market for a budget sports store.

He filled it.

Bought a load of failing brands - Slazenger, Lonsdale etc

Farmed the manufacture out to Asia thus devaluing the brands quality

Flogging the branded tat at rock bottom tat prices

The public so stupid to realise the brand quality wasn't a bargin at the 75% discounted price

The product was never of quality in the first place

Much like the man himself - seemed like a great bloke when he arrived - soon shown up as a cheap skate with single stitched ethics and morals.

The sooner we see the back of him the better.

Working out in the middle east I am always frustrated by the clown Keys comments. I would be delighted if we are bought out by a group of Qatari's how soon he would change his tune and start kissing NUFCs ass. BeIN Sport is formerly Al Jazeera Sport which is Qatar's BBC.

So you can imagine the email would go out to all BeIN sports staff to promote NUFC should a generous Qatari or group of Qatari's come in to buy us.

I would literally love to watch that smug hasbeen squirm in his seat as he puckers up and kisses the B&W strips

Kind of went off on a tangent there lads apologies

It's OK now to get off the soapbox Ragatino. However do agree with ya points. All his buying these high street assets when the high street is falling on its arse means either he knows something we don't or he is heading for a massive fall. Hopefully the latter

Quote Originally Posted by Derek57 View Post
    It's OK now to get off the soapbox Ragatino. However do agree with ya points. All his buying these high street assets when the high street is falling on its arse means either he knows something we don't or he is heading for a massive fall. Hopefully the latter
    Well all of the finacial experts in marketing have been saying for ages that the High Street is over marketed by retail shops by three times and with more and more on line trading each year the High Street will need radical reorganisation.

Ashley's been mainly buying into failing retail outlets so he must be looking to a down turn in values.

Let's hope he gets so much pressure by financial losses that he needs to raise cash desperately by selling our club to a buyer who has the sense to see the long term gain in generating the clubs assets in the way Sir John began.

Much better now tbh i don't mind if someone has a different opinion to me it's what i'd expect on a football forum but it's not acceptable to continually ruin threads with the same Bullsh*t and arguments over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek57 View Post
    Yeah, I was full of the coffee yesterday lads

Let's just hope this is the last half a season we see of the current owner TBH.

He may go about his merry retail way so long as he relinquishes control of the club and all it's remaining assets I really don't care about the man.

Just lookin for a brighter day for NUFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Davearmy View Post
    Much better now tbh i don't mind if someone has a different opinion to me it's what i'd expect on a football forum but it's not acceptable to continually ruin threads with the same Bullsh*t and arguments over and over.
    Precisely Army of the Dave

When the two accounts (possibly one person) were constantly dragging every thread back to the same place 'Rafa is sh!t, negative tactics we should be having a go at the likes of Man City with our 10 quid squad' & 'The owners shrewd business acumen & savy transfer dealings have made the club financial stable' rubbish really started wearing thin.

Glad we've got a place which is now decent to chat about the state of the club with different points of view, a bit of banter & without personal attacks etc.

Long may it continue!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)