+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Another blatant cheat.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Dont feckin encourage them Rev, im sick of them already.
    Ah feck em billy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Anything else?
    Not too much. I have no problem with Gayle's ban. I have a MASSIVE problem with how the FA have handled it. To the best of my knowledge he is only the second player to be banned in 18 months yet we all see dozens of others diving every week. Is it because it's just 'little old West Brom?' Does that make me sound like a Leeds fan?

Don't know why you feel the need to highlight our abuse of black players. I'm not saying it never happened but compared to most others we were pretty good and I can't remember the last time I heard racial abuse from an Albion crowd aimed at ours or theirs.

Useless moderators.

In all honesty, I've no problem with the Baggies - spent some time with Brendon Batson back in the eighties.

There are lots of things wrong in football and hypocrisy is but one of them. For too long ‘professional’ fouls have been overlooked when it is simply cheating.

The slip slip of standards means means it is hard for refs to control.

Red cards, fines and bans would sort out the problem but the media wouldn’t want that as controversy sells ..... oh my my oh my wonder who pays football clubs far too much for certain rights ....

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Not too much. I have no problem with Gayle's ban. I have a MASSIVE problem with how the FA have handled it. To the best of my knowledge he is only the second player to be banned in 18 months yet we all see dozens of others diving every week. Is it because it's just 'little old West Brom?' Does that make me sound like a Leeds fan?

Don't know why you feel the need to highlight our abuse of black players. I'm not saying it never happened but compared to most others we were pretty good and I can't remember the last time I heard racial abuse from an Albion crowd aimed at ours or theirs.
    Highlighting the fact that your club ain't so squeaky clean.

And yes..you are starting to sound like a Leeds fan

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    There are lots of things wrong in football and hypocrisy is but one of them. For too long ‘professional’ fouls have been overlooked when it is simply cheating.

The slip slip of standards means means it is hard for refs to control.

Red cards, fines and bans would sort out the problem but the media wouldn’t want that as controversy sells ..... oh my my oh my wonder who pays football clubs far too much for certain rights ....
    Couldn't agree more. Refs have a difficult job, I know because I am one. Lower levels these days as they don't have folk who are 64 in the higher echelons. I am staggered at the number of the Laws of Football that simply get ignored by refs. I fume at most games I watch as refs allow players to get away with way too much. The practice of standing in front of the ball to stop a free kick being taken quickly for one. Players are supposed to retire 10 yards IMMEDIATELY. Not doing so is a yellow card offence. All of that "all in wrestling" that goes on inside the box at free kicks, corners and long throws...... an offence that requires a direct free kick and, as it's inside the box that is a penalty. The act of taking the ball with you so the opposition can't take a throw/corner/free kick quickly is the same. Unsporting behaviour and should be stamped out.

One thing I believe that you and I have in common is how we feel about the red half of Mancland. I watched them against Chelsea on Monday in the Cup. Miles better under Ole S. than they were under the sacked one. Chelsea had 67% possession but rarely looked like carving out real chances. The Mancs, on the other hand, could/should have had more than the 2 they got so you would think they deserved the win....... but did they? I thought the ref was very poor and VAR should have helped him out of the hole he dug for himself but didn't.

I have lambasted most refs we have had this season, I was amazed at the one in Monday's big FA Cup tie. To make matters worse, he even had the assistance of VAR but continued to make a series of crucial errors. I will name just 3 that spring to mind.

1. At a dead ball situation, Luiz spins right to run behind the "wall". Smalling grabs his shirt and puts a 90 degree tear in it that must have been a foot long either side of the right angle. That is a penalty. It wasn't given

2. From open play a Chelsea player, can't remember which one, was on the edge of the 6 yard box, back to goal. Smalling, who was behind him, had both arms wrapped aroung the Chelsea player. The attacker was going nowhere. Couldn't. He then backed into Smalling and was pulled down. 3 offences there in total. None were penalised. The first one should have been, Smalling's holding should have been a penalty.

3. Matic. Yellow carded, quite correctly, for a foul, then proceeded to commit more fouls. Three or four of which were nailed on yellow cards. The ref chose not to give Matic a second card and, thus, his marching orders.

Don't get me wrong, Chelsea were not in the game, United played very well and deserve to be through but, would they have gone through if the ref (and VAR) had done their jobs properly?

Some people say we need new rules, I say all we need is the ref to implement the ones we already have....... and when they miss something VAR should put them right. Stamping down on all these things (6 second rule for a keeper is another one that never gets given) would, initially, lead to a plethora of cards, both yellow and red and would lead to a very high number of penalties being awarded. However, that would be short lived as players and managers would cotton on very quickly and I wouldn't be surprised if, in the first weekend of such a clampdown, at least one game was abandoned because one of the teams had too few players left on the pitch to be allowed to continue playing.

Sounds harsh but it would go a long way to eradicating cheating which is rife in the game.

Quite a good post there pal. One of our better infiltrating contributors.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Quite a good post there pal. One of our better infiltrating contributors.
    We need to be careful tho billy.....he could be a spy.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Refs have a difficult job, I know because I am one. Lower levels these days as they don't have folk who are 64 in the higher echelons. I am staggered at the number of the Laws of Football that simply get ignored by refs. I fume at most games I watch as refs allow players to get away with way too much. The practice of standing in front of the ball to stop a free kick being taken quickly for one. Players are supposed to retire 10 yards IMMEDIATELY. Not doing so is a yellow card offence. All of that "all in wrestling" that goes on inside the box at free kicks, corners and long throws...... an offence that requires a direct free kick and, as it's inside the box that is a penalty. The act of taking the ball with you so the opposition can't take a throw/corner/free kick quickly is the same. Unsporting behaviour and should be stamped out.

One thing I believe that you and I have in common is how we feel about the red half of Mancland. I watched them against Chelsea on Monday in the Cup. Miles better under Ole S. than they were under the sacked one. Chelsea had 67% possession but rarely looked like carving out real chances. The Mancs, on the other hand, could/should have had more than the 2 they got so you would think they deserved the win....... but did they? I thought the ref was very poor and VAR should have helped him out of the hole he dug for himself but didn't.

I have lambasted most refs we have had this season, I was amazed at the one in Monday's big FA Cup tie. To make matters worse, he even had the assistance of VAR but continued to make a series of crucial errors. I will name just 3 that spring to mind.

1. At a dead ball situation, Luiz spins right to run behind the "wall". Smalling grabs his shirt and puts a 90 degree tear in it that must have been a foot long either side of the right angle. That is a penalty. It wasn't given

2. From open play a Chelsea player, can't remember which one, was on the edge of the 6 yard box, back to goal. Smalling, who was behind him, had both arms wrapped aroung the Chelsea player. The attacker was going nowhere. Couldn't. He then backed into Smalling and was pulled down. 3 offences there in total. None were penalised. The first one should have been, Smalling's holding should have been a penalty.

3. Matic. Yellow carded, quite correctly, for a foul, then proceeded to commit more fouls. Three or four of which were nailed on yellow cards. The ref chose not to give Matic a second card and, thus, his marching orders.

Don't get me wrong, Chelsea were not in the game, United played very well and deserve to be through but, would they have gone through if the ref (and VAR) had done their jobs properly?

Some people say we need new rules, I say all we need is the ref to implement the ones we already have....... and when they miss something VAR should put them right. Stamping down on all these things (6 second rule for a keeper is another one that never gets given) would, initially, lead to a plethora of cards, both yellow and red and would lead to a very high number of penalties being awarded. However, that would be short lived as players and managers would cotton on very quickly and I wouldn't be surprised if, in the first weekend of such a clampdown, at least one game was abandoned because one of the teams had too few players left on the pitch to be allowed to continue playing.

Sounds harsh but it would go a long way to eradicating cheating which is rife in the game.
    F00king spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    We need to be careful tho billy.....he could be a spy.
    If he's a spy and what he suggested comes true, so much the better!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)