+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Dave departs...

Big Dave departs...

Surprised no one has mentioned this in the past 24 hours...

We obviously don't know the ins and outs of it, but we seem to go through academy staff quite quite quickly. Nearly as fast as the first team managers!

Notts County have parted company with their academy manager, Dave Regis.

Regis took on the role last year, bringing with him skills and experience which the club felt complemented those of former technical director Paul Hart.

But Hart’s departure for Stoke City in January has led the club to reassess its vision for the academy’s future and, as a result, the decision has been taken to seek an academy manager who possesses a skillset and approach that is representative of the academy’s current position.

Notts would like to wish Dave the best of luck for the future.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...eparts-130219/

Does the first team manager have control of this? Or is this decision “higher up”?

Strange decision. You only get success at academies with consistency and we change ours more often than our manager.

Looks like they were having Regis as an administrator and Hart as the technical guy but rather than replace Hart, they've got rid of Regis as well and replace with one person. Seems to be a cost cutting measure in my opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Looks like they were having Regis as an administrator and Hart as the technical guy but rather than replace Hart, they've got rid of Regis as well and replace with one person. Seems to be a cost cutting measure in my opinion?
    I believe the academy is not funded by NCFC. it is funded by the EFL? is there funding for non league teams??? Would we have an academy if relegated?? Notts, to my knowledge do not put a penny into the academy themselves. Does anyone know if my understanding is right or wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by LesBradd4England View Post
    I believe the academy is not funded by NCFC. it is funded by the EFL? is there funding for non league teams??? Would we have an academy if relegated?? Notts, to my knowledge do not put a penny into the academy themselves. Does anyone know if my understanding is right or wrong?
    I believe it's a price match up to a certain point. So if Notts put in £500,000 so will the EFL

*Paging MiG*

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    *Paging MiG*
    Came on to post the same thing Bushy!

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    It seems more like Regis wasn't qualified/experienced enough to work without someone as vastly qualified and experienced as Paul Hart was but the goal would have obviously been to get him to that stage eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    It seems more like Regis wasn't qualified/experienced enough to work without someone as vastly qualified and experienced as Paul Hart was but the goal would have obviously been to get him to that stage eventually.
    He is more of an administrator, where as Hart was technical. We need someone who can do both now. Hart was concentrated on the technical aspects but Regis came in to sort out the administrative side of things, I don't think there was any plan to get him doing technical stuff

Quote Originally Posted by LesBradd4England View Post
    Unfortunately you are wrong. They will get ex amount from the EFL and will make up the shortfall as the funding is not enough.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast