+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leeds United fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Hey lads, Im sure we've all seen the film 'The Damned United', about Brian Cloughie and his time at Leeds haven't we. And his relationship with the players, and the board, and his eventual sacking etc.
    Were the Leeds players themselves to blame at the time, or was Brian really his own worst enemy ?.
    Allan “Sniffer”
    Clarke’s brother Kelvin ( ex Walsall ) was my decorator for a few years.

I know the full story,most players loved Clough,it was Bremner,Hunter and Giles that hated him and because they were the “main men” Manny Cussins the chairman sided with them.

Clarkey loved playing for Clough.

I wont ask about the why's and why nots here Micky, but that really does surprise me!.
    We loved Allan Clarke because he started a 'revolution' when he came to us/Barnsley in the summer of '78, and Norman Hunter did as well in the early 80s when Clarkey went to Leeds.
    And in fairness to any manager, who really deserves to be sacked eh, after just 43 days (or whatever it was).

Btw, Clarkey came back to us in the mid 80s and we lost our first 6 or 7 games at the start of season '86-7, but we moved up towards mid table eventually that season and its a good thing that the chairman didnt panic, and he didnt sack him which Im sure a lot of people would have done.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I wont ask about the why's and why nots here Micky, but that really does surprise me!.
    We loved Allan Clarke because he started a 'revolution' when he came to us/Barnsley in the summer of '78, and Norman Hunter did as well in the early 80s when Clarkey went to Leeds.
    And in fairness to any manager, who really deserves to be sacked eh, after just 43 days (or whatever it was).

Btw, Clarkey came back to us in the mid 80s and we lost our first 6 or 7 games at the start of season '86-7, but we moved up towards mid table eventually that season and its a good thing that the chairman didnt panic, and he didnt sack him which Im sure a lot of people would have done.

44 days for that peice of dog Schitt, I and most LEEDS fans who were around at that time wouldn't give him 44 fncking seconds. He did nothing but slag and mock our club for years before we took the asshole on......why? No idea. Most of the long serving greats would'nt give him the time of day. Worst part of my long LUFC supporting life. I hated the Cnut.

"Dirty LEEDS" yeah, yeah. A name given to us by our chums the London and scumchester press, they are still at it, more fool them because we all laugh at it now, we...LUFC know all about the EFL & FA along with the bias press.

Quote Originally Posted by george_kaplan View Post
    44 days for that peice of dog Schitt, I and most LEEDS fans who were around at that time wouldn't give him 44 fncking seconds. He did nothing but slag and mock our club for years before we took the asshole on......why? No idea. Most of the long serving greats would'nt give him the time of day. Worst part of my long LUFC supporting life. I hated the Cnut.

"Dirty LEEDS" yeah, yeah. A name given to us by our chums the London and scumchester press, they are still at it, more fool them because we all laugh at it now, we...LUFC know all about the EFL & FA along with the bias press.
    I have always had some admiration for Brian Clough the manager and, dare I say it, the person. But each to his own I suppose. In his comments george_kaplan strikes me as a very balanced individual - an enormous chip on each shoulder.

44 days to suss out what a horrible club it is with horrible one eyed supporters.............

Yep. In the competition for which supporters are the most deluded and up themselves Leeds fans win my vote in what is a hotly contested field.

They are whingin now that the FA have deliberately set Gayle's suspension so he can return for the Leeds game! This is all part of the conspiracy theory that the FA are anti Leeds and have been since the 70's. They are so deluded they actually believe the FA cares enough about Leeds to have a bias against them that has lasted 50 years. Unbelievable!
    'The Premier League needs us' I have heard said and seen it written so many times from them. Let me tell you something 'IT DOESN'T'
    My least favourite bloke in our group down the pub is a Leeds fan. Horrible horrible man. My Spurs supporting mate will always ask me "how the Baggies doing." Never get that from obnoxious all I ever hear is Leeds Leeds Leeds.
    And he bangs on about how wonderful Yorkshire is. I have snapped and asked him "If it's so wonderful what are you doing living 250 miles away down here for the last 30 years together with a few thousand others?"

Got another one here.
    Last edited by 9goals2hattricks3pen; 16-02-2019 at 11:10 AM.

I find it interesting that during my formative years I was taken to Elland Rd many times yet never felt the love or considered supporting them.

I actually used to go to Leeds matches rooting inwardly for the away team.

Considering what a massive influence my great father was on me it’s amazing I don’t support them,all credit to him for allowing me my own choice,he had a massive soft spot for Albion though having watched them with me stacks of times.

I also find it interesting that a lot of my 53 year old brother’s mates from Stourbridge are ardent Leeds fans and still travel to watch them now......obviously a case of kids born in 66 supporting the most successful club once they got into football.

I’m still in touch with these lads and they are a hyper sensitive bunch,they can’t have a balanced conversation or take the p I s s out of their club or take it to task like we do.

Perhaps it all started here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zud5vwvwBDs

Good to see how well these wonderful Leeds fans reacted to a decision against them.To a man they all blame Ray Tinkler. Any sane person would blame Charlton for the 1st and Hunter for the 2nd. I think they both got confused when the only thing close enough to kick was a ball and no Albion player.
    Last edited by 9goals2hattricks3pen; 16-02-2019 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Q165 View Post
    I have always had some admiration for Brian Clough the manager and, dare I say it, the person. But each to his own I suppose. In his comments george_kaplan strikes me as a very balanced individual - an enormous chip on each shoulder.

No chips on either shoulder, I couldn't stand that man, my *opinion nothing more, from a LEEDS fan. Much like the *comments after your post on my club.
    Com si com sa.

To be fair George, it does sound as if your club has the whole world against them reading your post and has been stitched up every which way over the years by the footballing authorities. How you manage to remain dignified and don't bear any hint of bitterness is a credit to you and your fellow supporters.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)