+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gayle or rondon or better

Gayle or rondon or better

Now we've had time to look at rondon and Gayle is hanging them in in the chimpo should we try and sign rondon or bring back Gayle or do we need a better quality striker

Sign Rondon, I`m looking forward to seeing maybe even Perez getting better if Almiron starts to show what he can do. Perez has a great touch when he`s on song and a flair speed machine bursting from midfield could be deadly with the tactics Rafa employed at Wolves.

I would buy Rondon and A N Other

I think we need better quality ,rondon has done a job ,I'd keep him and add better

Quote Originally Posted by toonfalifekevbrown View Post
    I think we need better quality ,rondon has done a job ,I'd keep him and add better

Think if you asked any West Brom supporter ( lets say we are promoted ) - Gayle or Rondon - everyone would say Gayle! Like Rondon as he's an honest hard working lad but not creative, poor first touch, and not ruthless enough in front of goal. Some players find their confidence in the Championship and then go back to the Premier and are fantastic. Look no further than Harvey Barnes - came to us and could not get any games at Leicester - was explosive with us and now a regular in the first eleven at Leicester! You could say, we set him on the road to stardom by being noticed.

I would even take a straight swap of Gayle for Rondon!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Think if you asked any West Brom supporter ( lets say we are promoted ) - Gayle or Rondon - everyone would say Gayle! Like Rondon as he's an honest hard working lad but not creative, poor first touch, and not ruthless enough in front of goal. Some players find their confidence in the Championship and then go back to the Premier and are fantastic. Look no further than Harvey Barnes - came to us and could not get any games at Leicester - was explosive with us and now a regular in the first eleven at Leicester! You could say, we set him on the road to stardom by being noticed.

Of the two I'd have Rondon.

When you consider how Rafa likes to have different style players (different weapons in his armory) to set up in different ways to beat specific opponents Rondon offers a lot more than Gayle.

Dwight was bought for the Champ & that's his level - he was class in that season we were down but bottles it in the Prem. He proved that to Palace & with us & wasn't he in the Prem with someone else too?

Anyway Muto is still to show his talents (if any) in the prem so we will see if he's an upgrade on Gayle; I see them as similar players short, pacey etc but time will tell.

However come the summer we might have a change on ownership which could me major investment - Yes I'm an optimist maybe deluded but I can't help but hope that we get some serious investors who understand the actual brand value of the 19th wealthiest football club on planet earth!

Remember the season I think it was when we beat Barcelona in the CL that we also beat them in terms of revenue earned and were rated 6th wealthiest club - tells you everything about the shrewd business acumen of the current owner lads.

Here's hoping!

I'd hate to think rondon is the future of the toon striker job

Quote Originally Posted by toonfalifekevbrown View Post
    I'd hate to think rondon is the future of the toon striker job
    i dont believe either of them are the quality we need but are the best we can expect under MA.
    Rondon is stronger and gives more in terms of holding the ball up than Gayle can but, if we are to take the next step and build, we need someone who can actually hold the ball up, turn and take defenders on and score.

Id personally like to see Rondon up top with Almiron AND Perez playing in behind him

Of the two - Rondon.

However, i think we need another striker as well.

Gayle, just has a mental block on the prem. Brilliant in chimpo but cannot make the jump up properly.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post

That's crazy lmfao because everything you say he never did for you he does for us his first touch has been really good his hold up play is second to none and he has been pretty ruthless in front of goal as for Gayle i hope you lot don't get sucked into the hype like we did when we got promoted he looked an absolute beast in the championship and failed to deliver in the prem and we were saying pretty much the same thing as you.

Anyways good luck getting promoted and i hope he does well for you if you keep him just not against us

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)