+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen Home Programmes & Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Onebobbyconnor View Post
    On the subject of memorabilia, i was having a clearout recently and discovered a fairly extensive (though far from complete) collection of fanzines from years ago, including a few Northern Lights. I felt like Indiana Jones finding lost treasure! Obviously didn't chuck them out and intend reading through them all again at some point.
    Every Dons fan should read the Ferryhill Oracle's account in the TNL of sitting amongst the vermin at the 91 league decider at Iprix - a tremendous piece of writing.

I gave up collecting Aberdeen memorabilia ie ticket stumps and programmes when I was 10.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Remember seeing George Best's image in One Shop which confused me before I realised it was the sleeve of The Wedding Present's Geoge Best Plus album...

My mate gave me programmes and tickets when he was clearing out his spare bedroom for a new arrival. I'll check to see if there was tickets from 1982-1990. He did give me Dynamo Berlin and IFK Gothenburg tickets* but I've kept them. I didn't remember those two games being all ticket. I was in the South Stand for both but his tickets were for the Paddock.

As an uninteresting aside (although very interesting for me) the IFK match at Pittodrie was played (5th March 1986) a week after the assassination of Swedish Prime Minister Olof Palme (murdered on February 28th 1986). The players all wore black armbands during the game.

They never caught the killer(s) of Palme although an alcoholic and junkie, Christer Pettersson spent time behind bars possibly unjustly. I recommend Olof Plame Political Murders on Youtube and the book, Blood on the Snow. If you like conspiracies then you'll enjoy this one...
    Both the Dynamo Berlin, & IFK Gothenburg matches were all ticket. I was at both in the South Stand. We should’ve had the Berlin tie wrapped up in the 1st Round at Pittodrie but we missed quite a few chances. IFK game was different kettle of fish though, and I thought they were an under rated outfit at the time.

It would be great to see a list of all ticket home matches during the Fergie era, but doubt anyone bar Iain Taggart would know! �� Anyone know if the Servette match was all ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I gave up collecting Aberdeen memorabilia ie ticket stumps and programmes when I was 10.
    ... And now your main hobby is to spend most of your time posting pish on here. We truly are blessed to read your musings many times a day

Quote Originally Posted by Golf Road 82 View Post
    Both the Dynamo Berlin, & IFK Gothenburg matches were all ticket. I was at both in the South Stand. We should’ve had the Berlin tie wrapped up in the 1st Round at Pittodrie but we missed quite a few chances. IFK game was different kettle of fish though, and I thought they were an under rated outfit at the time.

It would be great to see a list of all ticket home matches during the Fergie era, but doubt anyone bar Iain Taggart would know! �� Anyone know if the Servette match was all ticket?
    I think we can hazard a guess that the Servette game was all ticket if the previous season's Dynamo Berlin match was all ticket as that was an earlier round.

I think Fergie said that Servette were the best team he faced in Europe at Pittodrie. No footage exists because of the blackout that was going on at the time in Scottish football.

I don't remember much about the game apart from that I was in the Paddock and McDougall picked up a Golden Boot before the match (although might remember that from a programme rather than actually recall seeing it)

I've got the whole match on DVD in Geneva with French commentary

I think we can hazard a guess that the Servette game was all ticket if the previous season's Dynamo Berlin match was all ticket as that was an earlier round.

I think Fergie said that Servette were the best team he faced in Europe at Pittodrie. No footage exists because of the blackout that was going on at the time in Scottish football.

I don't remember much about the game apart from that I was in the Paddock and McDougall picked up a Golden Boot before the match (although might remember that from a programme rather than actually recall seeing it)

I've got the whole match on DVD in Geneva with French commentary
    I’ve a funny feeling now it wasn’t as I was in the Beach End that night and I’ve a vague recall it was pay at the gate. Beach End was absolutely jammed packed that night. Quite a few attendances stated at 23,000 back then, but in reality auld Dick knew it was more like 27,000 +

... And now your main hobby is to spend most of your time posting pish on here. We truly are blessed to read your musings many times a day
    I am really especially grateful to be acknowledged for my musings by a halfwit. Well done you.

Quote Originally Posted by Golf Road 82 View Post
    I’ve a funny feeling now it wasn’t as I was in the Beach End that night and I’ve a vague recall it was pay at the gate. Beach End was absolutely jammed packed that night. Quite a few attendances stated at 23,000 back then, but in reality auld Dick knew it was more like 27,000 +
    Well the Servette game attendance was given as 19,000 but I've a vague memory that the Paddock was at bursting point too..

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Oh you sound younger than 10...

Oh you sound younger than 10...
    Are we there yet....Are we there yet....Are we there yet...Are we there yet...Are we there yet...Are we there yet...Are we there yet...Are we there yet...Are we there yet

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast