+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen Home Programmes & Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Oh you sound younger than 10...
    C’mon, you can surely do better than that even if you are a halfwit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Grieves View Post
    Every Dons fan should read the Ferryhill Oracle's account in the TNL of sitting amongst the vermin at the 91 league decider at Iprix - a tremendous piece of writing.
    There were some excellent articles in TNL through the years. Old Beach Ender was another regular contributer and i'm sure the telly critic Ally Reid did a number of articles for them back in the day before he found fame. All backed up by Gordon Reid's excellent cartoons.

Quote Originally Posted by Onebobbyconnor View Post
    There were some excellent articles in TNL through the years. Old Beach Ender was another regular contributer and i'm sure the telly critic Ally Reid did a number of articles for them back in the day before he found fame. All backed up by Gordon Reid's excellent cartoons.
    Was it an Gordon Reid that drew the cartoon with the bloke at the bar with a bandage round is head saying, "...so I said to Ian Porteus..." after his nightclub incident?

Quote Originally Posted by hulldon View Post
    I collect Dons memorabilia too. I collected as a boy in the 70’s than reignited my passion in the last 15 years or so.
    Have all League and cup games back to my birth (64) plus a lot more besides. Tickets too... but there are a few collectors with far more extensive collections.
    Have a wee look on eBay - that will give you an idea of cost. If anyone has old or unusual Dons stuff - I collect fanzines, shirts, autographs, team sheets, books ... in fact anything Dons-related - then let me know!
    Alright mate? I've got loads of signed stuff. Mainly from the 70s. Signed programmes from league, Euro, friendly and U21s. Mostly signed by the visiting teams though. My mate was a ballboy at Pittodrie so I've got a couple of autograph books full of different teams signatures, including Liverpool, Ipswich, Hibs with Dod Best etc etc. The other day I found a couple of old Dons flags from the 70s too. Probably other stuff I've forgot about.
    Got quite a few Red Final and TNLs too.
    Last edited by JonStrummer; 16-02-2019 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Havna had ma coffee yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Was it an Gordon Reid that drew the cartoon with the bloke at the bar with a bandage round is head saying, "...so I said to Ian Porteus..." after his nightclub incident?
    Don't recall that one specifically but it does sound indicitive of his work. He also seemed to really enjoy unflattering depictions of old firm fans and having lived in Glasgow for 15 years i can safely say he wasn't far wrong in his depictions of these "characters".

Was that the last game went to?

Did anyone keep their ticket stumps from yesterday’s match?

Quote Originally Posted by Golf Road 82 View Post
    Hi all, new member here, but long time lurker! ha

Went to my 1st match v St Mirren on Wednesday 14th April 1982 with my uncle, and I’ve been a Don ever since. Can still clearly remember going up the Beach End steps on that aforementioned night and when arriving at the top seeing the view that awaited of the pitch in full glory. Then on, I went regularly through the 80’s witnessing the golden era, but in all honesty was to young to appreciate it. Stopped going regularly, when my own football commitments took over at the end of the 80’s, but have still followed my team through thick and thin.

Back onto my title post, - I always bought a programme at the matches I attended, and in turn have collected a fair amount + others off eBay that I missed. I’ve since started collecting home match tickets from between the period 1982-1990, and it really is a regret of mine that I didn’t keep many of the original tickets that I attended during the aforementioned era. If any member on here has any home match tickets from 1982-1990 for sale, please send me a PM.

Finally, on the subject of Dons memorabilia, it would be interesting to hear what other Members collect on here.
    Wish I collected programmes from all my Dons games. I think the fact my brother did I didn't get to as my da would have to pay twice

My bro has all home programmes since he started going in 88. He also has a f@cking impressive Dons pin badge collection.

But on top of that he has a pin badge collection that will be up there as the best in Scotland. Its phenomenal. Leagues from all over the world. His juniors effort is ace

I personally collect photos at grounds as you cant be a completest with programmes these days as they are a dying art on the continent. So in fact I basically collect football grounds really. Great hobby. I like to set challenges . Hence why ill end up at Hill of Beath this Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by deaconred View Post
    Was that the last game went to?
    Why have you got a bee in your bonnet regarding people not physically attending the match and offering an opinion. You're always having a dig. Plenty circumstances why people can't go. Surely the expat fans who watch the matches are allowed an opinion even though we cannot attend. These fans shell out a fortune to return from across the globe for the glamour matches as you would expect, but it doesn't make them any less a fan than the people going week in week out. it pisses me off this condescending manner of a few.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    Why have you got a bee in your bonnet regarding people not physically attending the match and offering an opinion. You're always having a dig. Plenty circumstances why people can't go. Surely the expat fans who watch the matches are allowed an opinion even though we cannot attend. These fans shell out a fortune to return from across the globe for the glamour matches as you would expect, but it doesn't make them any less a fan than the people going week in week out. it pisses me off this condescending manner of a few.
    I only have a go at one person. Red John is on here all the time pontificating but he never seems to bother going to any matches. I question his credibility. He is very rarely positive about the team or the club.

I have written in the past about my belief that everyone supports the club in their own way and feel very lucky to be able to travel and enjoy football as much as I do.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast