+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen Home Programmes & Tickets

Aberdeen Home Programmes & Tickets

Hi all, new member here, but long time lurker! ha

Went to my 1st match v St Mirren on Wednesday 14th April 1982 with my uncle, and I’ve been a Don ever since. Can still clearly remember going up the Beach End steps on that aforementioned night and when arriving at the top seeing the view that awaited of the pitch in full glory. Then on, I went regularly through the 80’s witnessing the golden era, but in all honesty was to young to appreciate it. Stopped going regularly, when my own football commitments took over at the end of the 80’s, but have still followed my team through thick and thin.

Back onto my title post, - I always bought a programme at the matches I attended, and in turn have collected a fair amount + others off eBay that I missed. I’ve since started collecting home match tickets from between the period 1982-1990, and it really is a regret of mine that I didn’t keep many of the original tickets that I attended during the aforementioned era. If any member on here has any home match tickets from 1982-1990 for sale, please send me a PM.

Finally, on the subject of Dons memorabilia, it would be interesting to hear what other Members collect on here.

For some reason I seem to keep my ticket stubs. Think I've still got one from an Aberdeen v the huns game from 1982. £1.50 it cost at the time

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    For some reason I seem to keep my ticket stubs. Think I've still got one from an Aberdeen v the huns game from 1982. £1.50 it cost at the time
    Wish it was same cost to get in nowadays! ha

Wish it was the same team we had as well!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Golf Road 82 View Post
    Hi all, new member here, but long time lurker! ha

Went to my 1st match v St Mirren on Wednesday 14th April 1982 with my uncle, and I’ve been a Don ever since. Can still clearly remember going up the Beach End steps on that aforementioned night and when arriving at the top seeing the view that awaited of the pitch in full glory. Then on, I went regularly through the 80’s witnessing the golden era, but in all honesty was to young to appreciate it. Stopped going regularly, when my own football commitments took over at the end of the 80’s, but have still followed my team through thick and thin.

Back onto my title post, - I always bought a programme at the matches I attended, and in turn have collected a fair amount + others off eBay that I missed. I’ve since started collecting home match tickets from between the period 1982-1990, and it really is a regret of mine that I didn’t keep many of the original tickets that I attended during the aforementioned era. If any member on here has any home match tickets from 1982-1990 for sale, please send me a PM.

Finally, on the subject of Dons memorabilia, it would be interesting to hear what other Members collect on here.
    On the subject of memorabilia, i was having a clearout recently and discovered a fairly extensive (though far from complete) collection of fanzines from years ago, including a few Northern Lights. I felt like Indiana Jones finding lost treasure! Obviously didn't chuck them out and intend reading through them all again at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Onebobbyconnor View Post
    On the subject of memorabilia, i was having a clearout recently and discovered a fairly extensive (though far from complete) collection of fanzines from years ago, including a few Northern Lights. I felt like Indiana Jones finding lost treasure! Obviously didn't chuck them out and intend reading through them all again at some point.
    I remember getting my fanzine from the music shop in Diamond Street. Was that shop called One Up?

Quote Originally Posted by Golf Road 82 View Post
    I remember getting my fanzine from the music shop in Diamond Street. Was that shop called One Up?
    That's the one. A right blast from the past.

Remember seeing George Best's image in One Shop which confused me before I realised it was the sleeve of The Wedding Present's Geoge Best Plus album...

My mate gave me programmes and tickets when he was clearing out his spare bedroom for a new arrival. I'll check to see if there was tickets from 1982-1990. He did give me Dynamo Berlin and IFK Gothenburg tickets* but I've kept them. I didn't remember those two games being all ticket. I was in the South Stand for both but his tickets were for the Paddock.

As an uninteresting aside (although very interesting for me) the IFK match at Pittodrie was played (5th March 1986) a week after the assassination of Swedish Prime Minister Olof Palme (murdered on February 28th 1986). The players all wore black armbands during the game.

They never caught the killer(s) of Palme although an alcoholic and junkie, Christer Pettersson spent time behind bars possibly unjustly. I recommend Olof Plame Political Murders on Youtube and the book, Blood on the Snow. If you like conspiracies then you'll enjoy this one...

I collect Dons memorabilia too. I collected as a boy in the 70’s than reignited my passion in the last 15 years or so.
    Have all League and cup games back to my birth (64) plus a lot more besides. Tickets too... but there are a few collectors with far more extensive collections.
    Have a wee look on eBay - that will give you an idea of cost. If anyone has old or unusual Dons stuff - I collect fanzines, shirts, autographs, team sheets, books ... in fact anything Dons-related - then let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by hulldon View Post
    I collect Dons memorabilia too. I collected as a boy in the 70’s than reignited my passion in the last 15 years or so.
    Have all League and cup games back to my birth (64) plus a lot more besides. Tickets too... but there are a few collectors with far more extensive collections.
    Have a wee look on eBay - that will give you an idea of cost. If anyone has old or unusual Dons stuff - I collect fanzines, shirts, autographs, team sheets, books ... in fact anything Dons-related - then let me know!
    Raith Rovers v Aberdeen ticket stub from 1981 Scottish Cup game on eBay if that is unusual enough for you

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast