+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen Home Programmes & Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Did anyone keep their ticket stumps from yesterday’s match?
    Yup. I did. I keep all my ticket stubs and programmes.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    Why have you got a bee in your bonnet regarding people not physically attending the match and offering an opinion. You're always having a dig. Plenty circumstances why people can't go. Surely the expat fans who watch the matches are allowed an opinion even though we cannot attend. These fans shell out a fortune to return from across the globe for the glamour matches as you would expect, but it doesn't make them any less a fan than the people going week in week out. it pisses me off this condescending manner of a few.
    perfectly put pal, and my sentiments exactly.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by deaconred View Post
    I only have a go at one person. Red John is on here all the time pontificating but he never seems to bother going to any matches. I question his credibility. He is very rarely positive about the team or the club.

I have written in the past about my belief that everyone supports the club in their own way and feel very lucky to be able to travel and enjoy football as much as I do.
    You question my credibility?

I don’t like Milne, I don’t McInnes because he is a sh!tebag when games need a strong manager and I don’t like watching us trying to play attacking football with a team that is top heavy with defensive players who in reality cannot defend properly when under real pressure.
    I always strive for better from the club and I expect transparency when it comes down to the fans who ultimately pay for the club to run.
    I have been to only 2 matches this season (watched the rest via RedTV when it has been broadcast) against Celtic and Hearts both away from home...both defeats. Do you honestly think I am not a Dons fan?
    For what it’s worth I used to follow the club every week home or away and hardly missed a match. The fun of going to watch the Dons has left me now as personally I find watching the match live means very little now.
    Football nowadays has changed but ultimately not for the better. Most teams play with a fear of losing a goal first and forget the whole point of playing is to score goals to win matches. We play like most teams in Scotland and that is why we will win nothing else under our manager.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    perfectly put pal, and my sentiments exactly.

SF
    I repeat. I dont criticise people who dont go to matches. I DO criticise people - like Red John - who dont got to matches and criticise people who do.

You go to the game? You're a mug.
    You subscribe to Aberdna - you're a mug.
    You collect memorabilia? You're childish.

I can totally emphasise with thebeachend. Lived abroad - couldn't get to games. Skint - one wage, 3 kids, mortgage - couldn't go to games. Family commitments - aforementioned kids. Couldn't go to games. I realise how fortunate I am to be able to indulge my passion.

Derek McInnes? I have reservations - players bought in have been poor. Negative tactics at home. Abysmal record against Celtic. But to stop going - apparently - BECAUSE he is the manager? That'd be like leaving your wife because you dont like your mother-in-law. Is he a sh***bag? I dont know the guy personally so wouldn't be able to say that. Maybe Red John does. I'd find it difficult to criticise someone on a personal level if I didn't know them.

Back to the original post.

I started collecting in the early 60s but gave up for a while in the 70s only to go back (accidentally) in the 80s when I discovered that I had bought most of the issues that particular season. I haven't tried to plug any gaps though and probably have around 9 or 10 missing since 1978.

Since away games became all-ticket, I've held on to mine. Home tickets are harder as I have a season ticket - but I usually manage to get one from people in the area.

I have scottish cup final progs and ticket stubs back to 1950. Would like the 1947 Hibs game but a bit expensive.

I repeat. I dont criticise people who dont go to matches. I DO criticise people - like Red John - who dont got to matches and criticise people who do.

You go to the game? You're a mug.
    You subscribe to Aberdna - you're a mug.
    You collect memorabilia? You're childish.

I can totally emphasise with thebeachend. Lived abroad - couldn't get to games. Skint - one wage, 3 kids, mortgage - couldn't go to games. Family commitments - aforementioned kids. Couldn't go to games. I realise how fortunate I am to be able to indulge my passion.

Derek McInnes? I have reservations - players bought in have been poor. Negative tactics at home. Abysmal record against Celtic. But to stop going - apparently - BECAUSE he is the manager? That'd be like leaving your wife because you dont like your mother-in-law. Is he a sh***bag? I dont know the guy personally so wouldn't be able to say that. Maybe Red John does. I'd find it difficult to criticise someone on a personal level if I didn't know them.
    Deacon
    I was not having a direct go at you pal although it may have come across as i was, i assure you I wasn't
    There is however quite a load of posters on here who continue to have digs at fans like me and beachend for example who are less fortunate than folks like you. I would love to be able to go every week but my personal circumstances and the fact that I have lived overseas as an expat since 2001 kinda makes it difficult. I contribute to the dons though my annual red tv international subscription and I continue to get my son and daughter (who are still in the UK) their annual season ticket's
    I watch almost every single game through Red TV does that make me a mug? (don't answer that)
    Fk me there has been many time this season that I have called myself a mug for continuing to suffer and watch the pesh that has been on show way too many times this season.

Back on topic
    I have collected dons tops since 1983 (granted most of the fkrs dont fit a fat b@stard like me now) but I do still have them, think I must really be a mug

SF
    Last edited by blowupsheep; 18-02-2019 at 10:32 AM.

What a load of nonsense. Where do I criticise people for going to matches? I criticise their posts about matches, players, managers etc but never about a fan going to a match. I cannot suffer us lying down to certain teams and that is why I cannot be bothered going much now. When we start trying to genuinely win every match I will be back. McInnes won’t be the manager though as he is especially a sh!tebag when it comes to facing Celtic. Sevco will be the same soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    What a load of nonsense. Where do I criticise people for going to matches? I criticise their posts about matches, players, managers etc but never about a fan going to a match. I cannot suffer us lying down to certain teams and that is why I cannot be bothered going much now. When we start trying to genuinely win every match I will be back. McInnes won’t be the manager though as he is especially a sh!tebag when it comes to facing Celtic. Sevco will be the same soon enough.
    You're right.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Deacon
    I was not having a direct go at you pal although it may have come across as i was, i assure you I wasn't
    There is however quite a load of posters on here who continue to have digs at fans like me and beachend for example who are less fortunate than folks like you. I would love to be able to go every week but my personal circumstances and the fact that I have lived overseas as an expat since 2001 kinda makes it difficult. I contribute to the dons though my annual red tv international subscription and I continue to get my son and daughter (who are still in the UK) their annual season ticket's
    I watch almost every single game through Red TV does that make me a mug? (don't answer that)
    Fk me there has been many time this season that I have called myself a mug for continuing to suffer and watch the pesh that has been on show way too many times this season.

Back on topic
    I have collected dons tops since 1983 (granted most of the fkrs dont fit a fat b@stard like me now) but I do still have them, think I must really be a mug

SF
    I have alot of Dons tops - but dont collect them. If I dont like the top I dont buy it.

If you have a lot of tops from the 80s then they might be worth a fw bob. The classic pinstripe ECWC in good nic can fetch a decent price.

Like Pacman, I usually buy a home team scarf if I visit a foreign ground. He put a photo on a while back showing his scarf collection in his cave. Looked fantastic. Mine are just in a big box.

You're right.
    You get there in the end

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast