+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Aberdeen Home Programmes & Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by deaconred View Post

Like Pacman, I usually buy a home team scarf if I visit a foreign ground. He put a photo on a while back showing his scarf collection in his cave. Looked fantastic. Mine are just in a big box.
    Theres a sneaky Wick Academy in the collection as iy wad like going abroad. Long way driving on your own. 3 more getting added this time next week

Collectors among you might like to stick your nose into the VSA Charity Shop in the Castlegate. They have had a lot of Dons programmes (mainly 70s, 80s, 90s from what I can see) in the window over the last few months. There is also a Red Issue compendium, vol 4 from 1991 there now which was something new to me. I would have had a poke around but I'm never there when it's open. Probably a good thing as I gave away all my European programmes in a decluttering last year and don't want to start again. Any money you spend also going to a good local cause.

I was a keen programme collector from ages of around 10 til 13...so very early 80s...mainly Dons, (I had a subscription for all home games, that coincided with the new style, "The Don" which seemed to win some award as best in Scotland every year), but also any other big match, Scottish / English Cup Finals, internationals etc. In those days there were mail order addressess in football magazines like Match Weekly and Shoot...I was forever badgering my mum for postal orders for X amount...pride of the collection was the 1960 EC Final at Hampden...another one worthy of mention (or perhaps not) is the programme they issued for the national team's big Tartan Army send off in 78...there wasnt even a game ffs....some great perms though...still got them all in mum's loft...

Four years ago I started buying vinyl again for the first time since the late 80s...and its become an obsession just like the programme collecting used to be...once a collector, always a collector perhaps...SF

If you search Ebay for Aberdeen 1970's posters you will find ones newly listed that were issued originally by the Green Final

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345