+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T lowlifes

It depends what you are trying to achieve with sentencing. I am not a big fan of it as a deterrent, because people who do jobs like this don't plan to get caught or, in some instances, don't care.

I don't doubt your ability in your Profession , but do you think that criminals , like today for instance , are not afraid of being caught ? A quick short term sentence ? It appears that it's no deterrent anymore , whilst ever they are allowed to get away with these crimes they will , if the crime was committed against yourself , would you think differently ?

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    I Wouldn't have thought the money , although nobody wants to lose any , was the problem , it's the effect it may have on some , The Securicor guard i mentioned earlier ( through the roof robbery ) was off work for months , just sick pay for him and his young family to live on , the Man has not been well since then , he's now out of work because of this , stronger sentances are needed , What do you think ?

It were same wi great train robbers, the clumped train driver and when they couldn't move the train forced him to drive it to the bridge where their trucks were parked ready for their loot. The driver suffered a lot of trauma and died a few years after aged 64. Although the coroner didn't hold an inquiry tha can't help but think that the incident did him no favours. There's no such thing as victimless crime. Mr Mills recieved £250 in compensation, Ronnie Biggs wife recieved £65,000 for selling her story to a news paper. Great train robbers got sympathy from the public when sentenced to 30 years. Its a funny old world

Seems like crime pays these day's ? Sad world

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    It depends what you are trying to achieve with sentencing. I am not a big fan of it as a deterrent, because people who do jobs like this don't plan to get caught or, in some instances, don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    As opposed to some other people who do plan to get caught. Does anyone plan to get caught?
    A few years ago our house was broken into & a few items stolen when we were out
    The perps were caught eventually & we were advised that they had admitted to 5 or 6 other such crimes that they chose to have taken into consideration
    They were given community service orders
    The final comment from the Police after sentencing had been carried out was "your properety was not recovered"
    Take it from me it was not the loss of our items but rather the many many sleepless nights wondering who had been in our house & bedroom.You could even see the muddy footprints all over where the two of them had been
    I don't think the solicitors,courts,magistrates actually understand or even care about these effects of such crimes

Wonder what sentence would be if it was a judge, barrister or solicitors drum?

Crime has always paid, till ya get caught. Its a blag on asda, sad, scary to be involved in, but its not full societal collapse just yet. Give it a fortnight.

Quote Originally Posted by bankendbfc View Post
    Crime has always paid, till ya get caught. Its a blag on asda, sad, scary to be involved in, but its not full societal collapse just yet. Give it a fortnight.
    Depends what your idea of crime pays actually means .

They came into my store into the middle of the night. Iron bars the lot. Smashed a fire door, locked up the colleagues in a frozen food cold store, and then ransacked the fags, walking past 1000’s pounds worth of Booze on the way out.
    Horrible experience for the guys involved, having to take the call from my staff that this had happened to them was one of the worse experiences I had in 38 years in the trade. I had visions of assorts as they told me the story. Luckily they were ok, and all seemed ok......but you just wonder how it really affected them.
    Hope the Guy is ok.

Trouble is we are suffering from dated laws which affect sentencing? We are locking up people who should be doing community services and prisons are full.
    So when it comes down to real crimes such as this that deserve prison they get less than they should and let’s not forget you only serve half of a sentence under 4 years!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast