+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Flitcroft pleads for protection

The one I'll be emotionally conflicted about most is Neal Bishop. He's the Mansfield player I will never bring myself to boo, after all he did for Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    The one I'll be emotionally conflicted about most is Neal Bishop. He's the Mansfield player I will never bring myself to boo, after all he did for Notts.
    Yep, agree with this. I was really hoping he got booked at Newport so he couldn't play, not because I'm worried about him but because I'm going to struggle seeing him playing against us, especially for Slags.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Then don't moan if in kicking them off the park, Notts finish up with just 9 men on the park. Stick your thuggery where the sun don't shine.
    To be fair to Sid he has a point here regarding sending off's. I am fearful that one of Doyle, O'Brien and to a lesser extent Milsom could see red on Saturday. 3 Games without Doyle or O'Brien would be the last thing we want right now.

Also, agree with other posts regarding Grant, hopefully the ref offers the same protection to Enzio and our two young CH's. We really don't want to be picking up any more injuries at this stage of the season considering the battle we have on our hands.

That said I'm looking forward to seeing a highly competitive game and I'm sure they will be plenty of talking points whatever the outcome when the final whistle blows.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    A rough ride is one thing, but as long as it stays within the law.
    Folks have to remember, there will be 4 NFFC players on that pitch and they will be friends in kind.
    Before the usual remarks kick in, about they have to be professional to their current clubs etc. They are young and human beings.
    Lets not go down the road of causing resentment or abuse.

Hope it's a good game.
    Young? Grant is 24 and has played 17 games for his own club.

By now you'd have thought he'd be established somewhere.

It's a big game Tricky - no room for sentiment here - the friendship between them ends when they cross that white line.

And no, I don't think abuse is warranted, helpful or right.

Quote Originally Posted by KintoreMagpie View Post
    Mr Flitcroft's comments are music to my ears. A couple of weeks ago Mansfield only had to turn up to laud it over us, but now they know they will have to fight for all their worth to come away with anything. I don't mind Jorge getting protection when it is right and proper as long as the ref is fair minded and protects Enzio from any unfair punishment dished out to him. Not too much to ask. Let us hope for a battle royal on Saturday, without too much cheating and dirtiness, and may the best team win.
    Agree with your comments about Flitcroft's comments.

I am not so sure that he's also told his own players that they are not to foul any Notts players!

This was not directed at the Notts game but generally seeing as Mansfield have lost many players already due to this

Quote Originally Posted by Watchdogs View Post
    This was not directed at the Notts game but generally seeing as Mansfield have lost many players already due to this
    F00king outrageous that League 2 cloggers are targeting the Mansfield Galacticos. Don’t they realise that people are paying good money to watch Forest res...I mean watch Grant, Walker and that other bloke work their magic, not get kicked up in the air.

I hope Ardley tells our lot that they should feel lucky to be on the same pitch as the mighty Stags, and trying to get the ball of em will result in wages getting docked for 2 weeks.

Me too. Loved him as a Notts player and wish him all the best apart from when we play against him. I'd imagine Notts have a special place in his heart, but I'm sure he'll be 100% on it on Saturday. I'd expect nothing less.

Remember his goal against Man City? Pandemonium.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    Tbh Gomis is unlikely to start for Notts. He's probably just get a cameo at the end for 15mins (particularly if we need a goal).

So it's more like there'll be 3 young Forest 'human beings' on the pitch all playing for Stags against us. Don't think that should cause them too much emotional conflict, Tricky.
    Well said Dave. It's a mans game now we have a few men on board. Lets see if pretty boy Jorge is up to it?

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    Well said Dave. It's a mans game now we have a few men on board. Lets see if pretty boy Jorge is up to it?
    A mans game ? Really?
    I think you are 30 - 40 years out of date.

The time of chopping strikers in half and bone crunching tackles with blood running from wounds (aka Terry Butcher) are a thing of the past.
    Footballers aren't the 10 pints and 20 roll ups anymore.
    Athletically, they would leave those players for dead on a pitch.

The theatrics from abroad, was only a matter of time before it got hold here. It's arrived and heavy breathing gets you carded today.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast