+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Flitcroft pleads for protection

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    A mans game ? Really?
    I think you are 30 - 40 years out of date.

The time of chopping strikers in half and bone crunching tackles with blood running from wounds (aka Terry Butcher) are a thing of the past.
    Footballers aren't the 10 pints and 20 roll ups anymore.
    Athletically, they would leave those players for dead on a pitch.
    You say that, but Yates has eventually made it at Forest and Grant has not.

One is pretty hard, the other is a show pony.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    You say that, but Yates has eventually made it at Forest and Grant has not.

One is pretty hard, the other is a show pony.
    I think Yates is more than a "HARD MAN"
    I remember a great guy from the QMC who was / is a regular Notts fan. He was raving about Yates as a leader/ball winner/engine/spring board.
    More to a center midfielder's game than being a show pony.
    Grant was great for Notts when played with Yates, was it because of bone crunching tackles?
    I'll bet Grant is itching for some dead ball opportunities. So I'd be careful where you give him a "kicking"

Note: if you want to do an EP and scroll back. I said last summer, I expected Grant to be sold. Some on here were pining for Yates back on loan.
    I told everyone then that Karanka rated him, yet he went back on loan and folks suggested he needed away from NFFC.
    Well seems his patience is paying off now.
    At WBA he was outstanding and a deserved MOM.

To compare the two is quite frankly, silly.
    Last edited by Trickytreesreds; 14-02-2019 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    The one I'll be emotionally conflicted about most is Neal Bishop. He's the Mansfield player I will never bring myself to boo, after all he did for Notts.
    I won't be booing anyone.
    If we boo our ex players and they do the same, nearly a quarter of the players on the pitch will be getting booed which is just silly.

Derby days are not what they used to be. You can’t set a team up to go and kick lumps out of the opposition any more. I always remember the first 10 minutes or so of the ‘Old firm’ games of yesteryear where unless someone was literally murdered tackles were allowed to be made. It was almost like, get it out of your system lads, then we will get on with the game.
    Those days are long gone. Other than the atmosphere being more electric, and the games being played at a faster pace, local derbies are just another game.
    Saturday will be no different to Lincoln, to Cambridge, Coventry and Crewe last season, where bumper crowds flocked to the lane, the football was Ok, but there were not the tackles or scraps people talk about.
    As for Flitcroft, he can say what he wants to try and protect his player. For me there is more ways to skin a cat. Players like Doyle will find ways to antagonise, put off or provoke the likes of Grant, without having to smash him.
    Looking forward to the game, should be a good atmosphere and hopefully 3 points towards our safety. COYPs

Nice to see Ardley NOT asking for special favours from the ref for the likes of Enzio, who will undoubtedly be targetted for some rough treatment, just as Flitcroft is insinuating Grant will.

In my opinion Grant will probably be more vulnerable to sledging than physical intimidation as we already know his temperament can be suspect under pressure. Doyle and O'Brien, amongst others, can do a job on a young 'un like Grant psychologically, which has the potential to put him out of the game if he can't handle it.

Don't get me wrong, I like Grant and appreciate all he did while on loan for us.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    F00king outrageous that League 2 cloggers are targeting the Mansfield Galacticos. Don’t they realise that people are paying good money to watch Forest res...I mean watch Grant, Walker and that other bloke work their magic, not get kicked up in the air.

I hope Ardley tells our lot that they should feel lucky to be on the same pitch as the mighty Stags, and trying to get the ball of em will result in wages getting docked for 2 weeks.
    Nobody has suggested that though, why you so sensitive?

Anyway say that to Danny Rose with his severed artery, double fractured jaw or Haydn White and his broken tibia - both due to referees not keeping it under control.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchdogs View Post

Anyway say that to Danny Rose with his severed artery, double fractured jaw or Haydn White and his broken tibia - both due to referees not keeping it under control.
    The ref can't protect anyone though. If a player wants to go in studs flying, or elbow someone in the face, then they will regardless of what managers say or refs do. You can't blame the ref for those injuries.

Anyway, this stuff happens to every football club. It's part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I think Yates is more than a "HARD MAN"
    I remember a great guy from the QMC who was / is a regular Notts fan. He was raving about Yates as a leader/ball winner/engine/spring board.
    More to a center midfielder's game than being a show pony.
    Grant was great for Notts when played with Yates, was it because of bone crunching tackles?
    I'll bet Grant is itching for some dead ball opportunities. So I'd be careful where you give him a "kicking"

Note: if you want to do an EP and scroll back. I said last summer, I expected Grant to be sold. Some on here were pining for Yates back on loan.
    I told everyone then that Karanka rated him, yet he went back on loan and folks suggested he needed away from NFFC.
    Well seems his patience is paying off now.
    At WBA he was outstanding and a deserved MOM.

To compare the two is quite frankly, silly.
    Yates ain't a hard man he's a headless chicken ......

Quote Originally Posted by Watchdogs View Post

Come off the high horse, it was horrible injury to Rose but even Flitcroft hasn’t blamed it on the ref so not sure what that has to do with anything.

Hayden White was injured by a tackle that earned a yellow card, sh!t happens. The fact that Flitcroft has felt the need to prime the ref before a game against the bottom club is pathetic. Tinpot mind games.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    The ref can't protect anyone though. If a player wants to go in studs flying, or elbow someone in the face, then they will regardless of what managers say or refs do. You can't blame the ref for those injuries.

Anyway, this stuff happens to every football club. It's part of the game.
    Too right, slackers, it is all part of the game, but while F.A. history has proved that no Mansfield player has ever, ever, deliberately clogged an opposition player, it's so totally unfair for any other player from any other team to pull an ugly face at them. I've lost count of the number of times I've read of someone gurneying a Mansfield player and not been sent off. If it happens again on Saturday I shall write to my M.P.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast