+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Flitcroft pleads for protection

Quote Originally Posted by Watchdogs View Post
    Nobody has suggested that though, why you so sensitive?

Anyway say that to Danny Rose with his severed artery, double fractured jaw or Haydn White and his broken tibia - both due to referees not keeping it under control.
    I don’t wish to see any players injured regardless of club. I wish your boys a speedy recovery.

In terms of Saturday, if Bish gets the opportunity to let a Notts player know he’s there ..... he will. That’s not a case of setting out to hurt anyone, but leading, setting the tone and tempo for his team.

With regards to Yates. Definitely see him as a future captain for our Neighbours. Any derogatory comments about his football ability are just silly.

Can't help but like Neal Bishop.

Yates is a different gravy to Grant, great to see him performing so assuredly, we brought him on well. Hope he cements his place in their first team, he has the potential to be excellent under the guidance of Keane.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Whenever we play them we always seem to go missing. In all our encounters since they got back in the league they've looked average at best, but it's still been more than enough to beat us. We've had an alarming habit of regularly shooting ourselves in the foot rather than making them earn it. Hopefully that changes on Saturday.
    Yeah, so true. The game at Field Mill last season was a classic example. We were top of the league and on an excellent run, then we roll up to their place and play like a bunch of fannies. 3-0 at half time, wasn't it? Duffy playing a short back pass to allow Rose an easy goal, and all down hill from there on. So disappointing for the fans. We really deserve to see a battling, full-throttle derby performance for once.

From what i saw yesterday. Grant didn't need protection he needed to learn how to tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    ............ We really deserve to see a battling, full-throttle derby performance for once.
    You got your wish slack. What a cracking day!

Quote Originally Posted by caj85 View Post
    From what i saw yesterday. Grant didn't need protection he needed to learn how to tackle.
    Grant played?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Grant played?
    And it's for that reason Grant is still on loan in L2 and Yates is in Forest's first team.

If Grant does nothing in a game but score, there's always the argument he's worth his place. But as we saw last year, if he's in the team and doesn't score, he has no influence at all and is pretty much a waste of a shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Grant played?
    Fortunately for us, it was the 'second half of the season Grant' that played. He seemed to have made an impressive start for them so I was a bit surprised at just how bad he was, and it will be interesting to see if he regains his form. I don't think I've ever seen a player have such a mixed season as Grant had for us. In the first half of the season he was superb, you expected something to happen every time he got the ball. In the second half of the season he was mostly anonymous like yesterday. I think that is far more down to his limitations as a player than his mate Ryan Yates leaving. Due to his undoubted talent he'll always get a contract offer, but due to his inconsistency I think League 2 is probably his level.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Fortunately for us, it was the 'second half of the season Grant' that played. He seemed to have made an impressive start for them so I was a bit surprised at just how bad he was, and it will be interesting to see if he regains his form. I don't think I've ever seen a player have such a mixed season as Grant had for us. In the first half of the season he was superb, you expected something to happen every time he got the ball. In the second half of the season he was mostly anonymous like yesterday. I think that is far more down to his limitations as a player than his mate Ryan Yates leaving. Due to his undoubted talent he'll always get a contract offer, but due to his inconsistency I think League 2 is probably his level.
    Unfortunately for Stags, this was the only bottle they displayed, yesterday.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...thrown-2554226

No matter what Flitcroft said, we beat the knuckle dragging web footed 6 toed sloping foreheads.
    Outclassed them in fact.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast