+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: v Brentford

v Brentford

Brentford have proved to be a Villa bogey team.

Lineup

28Kilinic
    21Hutton
    24Elphickm
    40Mings
    30Hause
    6Whelan
    37Adomah
    14Hourihane
    7McGinn
    22El Ghazi
    18Abraham

Substitutes
    12Steer
    15Jedinak
    19Green
    20Bjarnason
    26Kodjia
    27El Mohamady
    41Ramsey
    Last edited by VillaRosie; 13-02-2019 at 07:16 PM.

Interesting line up at the back? Im going for a 0-0 sorry. At least that lot from the dark side cought a cold!

I'm interested with feedback on Hause and Ramsey if he gets on.

Watched the whole first half on my phone...

Brentford are closing us down and playing pressing football but started to look a little tired towards the end of the half. Tammy has touched the ball once so far from 2 whole crosses that have come in from el Ghazi and Adomah. Our keeper should have been sent off and a penalty awarded to them for a foul in the box. We look very physical. Hutton got booked for a hard tackle on Maupay who we have managed to keep quiet. But we aren't getting on the ball enough. Hourihane has done nothing, same as McGinn. It's a 1-0 game all the way to someone this is

The game was a bore to watch and the present side are never going to get us into the Premiership. I suppose that we will soon have a chorus for Manager out when it is the players who have a lot to answer for.

when Dean Smith came in, we tried to, sometimes successfully, play a high tempo pressing game, which on occasion made us look unbeatable, I'm thinking of the games against Derby and Middlesborough, which made me think that Yes, we have a manager who knows how to win in this league. However, since the loss of Grealish and Tuanzebe, we seem to have reverted back to the dull and tawdry style of football that Steve Bruce had inculcated into the team. We are slow, ponderously so, across the back, and have stopped pressing high up the field...the question is why? Ok, Grealish is a big miss, but his absence does not stop us from pressing, this is a tactical switch... Has Dean Smith lost his nerve?

I started watching the second half once back from my lads footy training and we was shocking, all we did was hoof the ball up to Tammy who was isolated, got played off the park.. it was so bad I switched over and watched the spurs game.

Need to change the formation n play Kodja up top alongside Tammy I think..

Shocking performance and the sad thing when saw we’d conceded I wasn’t surprised one bit ☹️

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)