+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Two games of interest tonight and the dreaded bottom three.

That’s the thing. Would rather go down fighting than with a whimper. Given our run in if we play not to lose we will not gather enough points to stay up. So go for it. A formation like the second half at Hull + Williams should do for the weekend.

Given their budget Reading must have some real dross. I seem to recall it being about 9 x ours. Easily the largest of the bottom 6.

We shouldn’t be surprised at this really.
    We are not winning games and have only won 5 all season.
    Some of those games we could have got more out of.
    Come the end of the season I think the dropped points will cost us big time.
    No point discussing tactics formations etc cause reality is we’re a long ball team with one up front that’s how we’ve been set up. Is that going to work?
    Well where are we right now should pretty much give us the answer.

The supporters I know and speak to are starting to question the manager more and more now.
    Stubbornness lacks experience not good enough we’ll take your pick.
    Really hope he proves people wrong including me.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    First time in the bottom 3 since the first week.
    We were in the bottom 3 in December, after losing to Bristol City

Was a perfect time for Blackburn to rest Dack, Graham and rodwell since it was a easy win game

At this time last season guys, we were struggling to win games and we were constantly relying on other teams doing us a 'favour!'. And the likes of Bolton, Burton, Reading, Birmingham, Hull, & Sunderland were our relegation rivals at the time.
    Its no fun at all is it seeing our teams struggle in the Champship, and relegation scraps seem to happen every single time. But we also seem to do well in Lg One, the footy is better and we score more goals and win more games.

I cant believe Im asking this question, but here goes... In the long run, is being in the Champship really all its cracked up to be, is it really worth going through all the relegation hassles every season ?.

Ive said all along it's only good being in the championship if you're competitive. I much prefer league 1. Its more entertaining as a Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    At this time last season guys, we were struggling to win games and we were constantly relying on other teams doing us a 'favour!'. And the likes of Bolton, Burton, Reading, Birmingham, Hull, & Sunderland were our relegation rivals at the time.
    Its no fun at all is it seeing our teams struggle in the Champship, and relegation scraps seem to happen every single time. But we also seem to do well in Lg One, the footy is better and we score more goals and win more games.

I cant believe Im asking this question, but here goes... In the long run, is being in the Champship really all its cracked up to be, is it really worth going through all the relegation hassles every season ?.
    No it doesn’t live up to the hype. Yes we’ve seen some decent players in the opposition line ups ( but not many) and more often than not the home games have been dire. I take my hat off to those that have struggled to the away games they deserve a medal for watching the same old negative “hang on to a point” tactics.

There’s no guarantee that we will perform well in league 1 but it’s got to be more entertainment than the dross we see now

Away fan income is a key factor of the Championship .and I doubt that players like Vaulks would want to sign up for a league 1 campaign.

Overall though if we go down I won’t be slashing the wrists, I would like to go down fighting though and not in the manner we are playing now.

Quote Originally Posted by gkotw View Post
    Ive said all along it's only good being in the championship if you're competitive. I much prefer league 1. Its more entertaining as a Miller.
    Hey exactly Gk, and any team who go up from Lg One want to be competitive dont they, rather than just being relegation fodder again!.

And Grist, its so frustrating isnt it when our teams are yo-yoing between the leagues almost every season. I like seeing us do well in Lg One, but I also like the so called 'prestige' of being a Champship club as well, so whats the answer eh ?.

What difference would it make. If we were a comfortable mid table championship team it would get boring. As we know where our level is . If we go down and are top 3 or 4 in league 1 it would be what's the point gaining promotion as we will struggle/come straight down next season. Whats the point I ask, WHATS THE POINT

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Hey exactly Gk, and any team who go up from Lg One want to be competitive dont they, rather than just being relegation fodder again!.

And Grist, its so frustrating isnt it when our teams are yo-yoing between the leagues almost every season. I like seeing us do well in Lg One, but I also like the so called 'prestige' of being a Champship club as well, so whats the answer eh ?.
    As the saying goes “ you can’t run with the hare and hunt with the hounds”

If we want Championship prestige then we have to invest accordingly, and there’s been no indications that the board will consider doing that.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast