+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hibs appoint Heckyar*se!

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Morais was stuck with them because Mcgeehan, Bird and Mowatt were farmed out on loan by Hecky. Morais never got an opportunity to properly assess his squad. He commented he would like to have seen Mcgeehan and Mowatt play during his tenure.
    I recall Magheean and Mowatt gerrin dog's abuse on here for their performances in the Championship and Mowatt failing at Oxford on loan. Like the others they are flourishing against Third Division opponents. The time to judge them will be next season if we go up as they were bought to perform at Championship level.

You forgot to mention 1 win in 17 games under Hecky .Also we got relegated by one point.Surely helping Mowett through his early games instead of farming him out and giving Steffan Payne a bit more game time would have got us at least a couple more wins and safety.Then it wouldn't have mattered if Jose or thee would have took over.

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    You forgot to mention 1 win in 17 games under Hecky .Also we got relegated by one point.Surely helping Mowett through his early games instead of farming him out and giving Steffan Payne a bit more game time would have got us at least a couple more wins and safety.Then it wouldn't have mattered if Jose or thee would have took over.
    Bang on Bill. Some folk have selective memory

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Bang on Bill. Some folk have selective memory
    I knew you of all people would agree with me here Ponty, in a spot of Heckybashing.

Yes it was 1 win in 17 games but we were never actually in the relegation zone under Hecky were we and that's wi art evvin 2 recognised strikers. If Stefan Payne was worthy of a place in the Barnsley team and of championship quality then how come he's not plying his trade in that division right now rather than in the lower echelons of lg1?

Mowatt and Mcgheean have performed admirably this season but the step up to championship level will not be easy for them. I believe they can do a job at that level and with a solid season behind them and confidence high you'd think they'd be capable of holding their own. Time will tell I guess but at the moment they're league 1 footballers.

Heckys tenure was full of good memories, far more good memories than bad ones in my opinion. I find it hard to understand why a blowk who gave this club everything, taking on various rolls and responsibilities in the absence of others and doing an admirable job gets heavily criticised by some folk. He was blamed by folk on here for signing players that weren't up to scratch but it has since been established that the board and Goat were responsible for the signings and Hecky was teld to gerron wi it. Basically they gave him a thankless task and made him look a 2hat to those who couldn't see the situation for what it was, funny how their role (The board and Goat) in getting this club relegated gets swept under the carpet and now the Frenchman has left he gets plaudits for doing a great job. Selective memories indeed.

Goat who ?, never heard of him lol.
    Hecky did give us loads of great memories Pass I agree, and they wont ever be forgotten. But surely all of us as footy fans do remember the bad times as well in a manager, and that cant and wont be forgotten either.
    And yes, maybe we can all be accused at times of having a 'selective memory' to suit our own arguments.

If we were relying on Mowatt (az he wo laikin) and Payne to keep us up ageean Championship sides widda been darn befooar trimmings.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Yes it was 1 win in 17 games but we were never actually in the relegation zone under Hecky were we and that's wi art evvin 2 recognised strikers. If Stefan Payne was worthy of a place in the Barnsley team and of championship quality then how come he's not plying his trade in that division right now rather than in the lower echelons of lg1?

Mowatt and Mcgheean have performed admirably this season but the step up to championship level will not be easy for them. I believe they can do a job at that level and with a solid season behind them and confidence high you'd think they'd be capable of holding their own. Time will tell I guess but at the moment they're league 1 footballers.

Heckys tenure was full of good memories, far more good memories than bad ones in my opinion. I find it hard to understand why a blowk who gave this club everything, taking on various rolls and responsibilities in the absence of others and doing an admirable job gets heavily criticised by some folk. He was blamed by folk on here for signing players that weren't up to scratch but it has since been established that the board and Goat were responsible for the signings and Hecky was teld to gerron wi it. Basically they gave him a thankless task and made him look a 2hat to those who couldn't see the situation for what it was, funny how their role (The board and Goat) in getting this club relegated gets swept under the carpet and now the Frenchman has left he gets plaudits for doing a great job. Selective memories indeed.
    Bang on Pass

Far mooar good than bad fo me.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Bang on Pass

Far mooar good than bad fo me.
    Bang on Pass & SB

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    If we were relying on Mowatt (az he wo laikin) and Payne to keep us up ageean Championship sides widda been darn befooar trimmings.
    But they werent given a fair chance SB, whether we think they would have been rubbish or not, its only guesswork.
    Payne hasnt really proved himself above the level of Shrewsbury or Bristol Rovs, but Alex Mowatt has stepped up to the plate this season and hes been the player we hoped he would be. Even if it is Lg One here of course.
    The test will be IF we go up, and then we'll see how good these players are in the league where we want to be, and the jury is still admittedly 'out' on a lot of them!.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast