+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hibs appoint Heckyar*se!

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    But they werent given a fair chance SB, whether we think they would have been rubbish or not, its only guesswork.
    Payne hasnt really proved himself above the level of Shrewsbury or Bristol Rovs, but Alex Mowatt has stepped up to the plate this season and hes been the player we hoped he would be. Even if it is Lg One here of course.
    The test will be IF we go up, and then we'll see how good these players are in the league where we want to be, and the jury is still admittedly 'out' on a lot of them!.
    Mowatt wo ovvaweight and couldn't be arsed at the time he went on loan to Oxford. We were debating why Hecky sent him out on loan at that time and that, in my opinion, is why. His improved attitude and trimmer figure now are separate issue.
    Payne was not, in my opinion, a potential Championship level player who could fill a striker role to mek up fo Goat's error in leaving Hecky wi just Bradshaw and Ugbo.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 14-02-2019 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Yes it was 1 win in 17 games but we were never actually in the relegation zone under Hecky were we and that's wi art evvin 2 recognised strikers. If Stefan Payne was worthy of a place in the Barnsley team and of championship quality then how come he's not plying his trade in that division right now rather than in the lower echelons of lg1?

Mowatt and Mcgheean have performed admirably this season but the step up to championship level will not be easy for them. I believe they can do a job at that level and with a solid season behind them and confidence high you'd think they'd be capable of holding their own. Time will tell I guess but at the moment they're league 1 footballers.

Heckys tenure was full of good memories, far more good memories than bad ones in my opinion. I find it hard to understand why a blowk who gave this club everything, taking on various rolls and responsibilities in the absence of others and doing an admirable job gets heavily criticised by some folk. He was blamed by folk on here for signing players that weren't up to scratch but it has since been established that the board and Goat were responsible for the signings and Hecky was teld to gerron wi it. Basically they gave him a thankless task and made him look a 2hat to those who couldn't see the situation for what it was, funny how their role (The board and Goat) in getting this club relegated gets swept under the carpet and now the Frenchman has left he gets plaudits for doing a great job. Selective memories indeed.
    To begin with I am and always will be greateful to Hecky for what he achieved at Barnsley and his achievements will never be forgotten but in my opinion the things he got wrong contributed to our relegation.Mowett came to Oakwell as a young but very experienced Championship player (well over 100 games ).Whatever flaws Hecky saw should have been ironed out and the team would have been stronger.As for Payne he went to Shrewsbury and scored 14 goals I think.If he'd had scored just 1 for the first team at Barnsley it could have been the 1 that kept us up. So while P.H should rightly take the plaudits for what he achieved he showed also face some flak for the mistakes he made with the first team.

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    To begin with I am and always will be greateful to Hecky for what he achieved at Barnsley and his achievements will never be forgotten but in my opinion the things he got wrong contributed to our relegation.Mowett came to Oakwell as a young but very experienced Championship player (well over 100 games ).Whatever flaws Hecky saw should have been ironed out and the team would have been stronger.As for Payne he went to Shrewsbury and scored 14 goals I think.If he'd had scored just 1 for the first team at Barnsley it could have been the 1 that kept us up. So while P.H should rightly take the plaudits for what he achieved he showed also face some flak for the mistakes he made with the first team.
    Fair comment Bill. I suppose your point on Payne scoring even 1 important goal that could've possibly contributed to the teams final placement could also be aligned to this season's January transfer dealings by the club. George Moncur or indeed Lloyd isgrove were like Payne, on the periphery but in there to possibly notch an important goal that makes the difference for us. Instead they will be possibly scoring goals for or closest rivals and keeping us out of the top 2

We've had our good and bad times with Wilson,flickers and hecky+ other managers coaches but they've all gone you can praise them or slag them off but it's a new era Stendel is now looking after the squad and if the suit men don't undermine him and back him 100% the good times will come again basically the suit men govern our destiny as proven

I get why some people are bitter towards him for going to Leeds or blaming him for where we were in the League at that time!
    He is however one of our most successful managers and don’t forget he was in the team that got us promoted from League One back in the day.
    He deserves some credit for all of that!

Im going to touch on another point. The needless slagging off of Mowatt in this thread over things beyond his control. He never got a proper chance under Hecky. So to slag him off for being overweight or not arsed is a bit harsh based on few cameos when he's been the consumate professional based on what he has actually done this season under Stendel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Im going to touch on another point. The needless slagging off of Mowatt in this thread over things beyond his control. He never got a proper chance under Hecky. So to slag him off for being overweight or not arsed is a bit harsh based on few cameos when he's been the consumate professional based on what he has actually done this season under Stendel.
    He wasn't the "consummate professional" at Oxford so it can't just ev been Hecky. Why did Leeds bin him ?

It has finally dawned on him he is in the last chance saloon and the Third Division is an ideal place to rebuild his career and attract bids from other clubs in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    He wasn't the "consummate professional" at Oxford so it can't just ev been Hecky. Why did Leeds bin him ?

It has finally dawned on him he is in the last chance saloon and the Third Division is an ideal place to rebuild his career and attract bids from other clubs in the summer.

Agreed. A criticised him when a thowt he were not pullin his weight and al praise him nar fo consistency and getting his act together. He's surely a contender for player o year. Long may it continue

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post

Same reason Hecky didn't fancy Stevie Mallan. Garry Monk just didn't seem to fancy him. There were a lot of Leeds fans up in arms about his departure.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Agreed. A criticised him when a thowt he were not pullin his weight and al praise him nar fo consistency and getting his act together. He's surely a contender for player o year. Long may it continue
    Never going to win this argument over Hecky so just going to leave it there. He did a good job until Lee Johnson's team was broken up. Then he started whining, playing negative football and went to Leeds. He got them playing negative football and got the pedlar there.

He's moved up to Scotland for a holiday and will no doubt rebuild his reputation as the Brodge did at Celtic. Let's face it he doesn't exactly have to walk on water like some fans thought he did here. Thirds an achievement and qualification for thirtieth qualifying round of the intertoto cup.

Good luck to him.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast