+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Hibs appoint Heckyar*se!

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Because you along with one or two more on here tend not to criticise him because of 96/97 .

He was a shocking and naive PL manager and having taken 110 years to get there I'd have liked us to be a bit less sentimental and concentrated on reality in all honesty .
    Me too.

If Bassett had won the play off final in 2000 he'd have kept us up the next season .
    No doubt about it .
    I do believe that as well actually Animal, if 'Bertie' had taken us up in season 99-00, I think he would have made us 'competitive' at least, back in the Premship.

Because you along with one or two more on here tend not to criticise him because of 96/97 .
    He was a shocking and naive PL manager and having taken 110 years to get there I'd have liked us to be a bit less sentimental and concentrated on reality in all honesty .
    Listen old man lol, while you constantly give him (Danny Wilson) criticism for him making obvious mistakes during our season in the Prem. You talk like you dont even want to give him credit for taking us up there in the first place, and that is pathetic isnt it ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Listen old man lol, while you constantly give him (Danny Wilson) criticism for him making obvious mistakes during our season in the Prem. You talk like you dont even want to give him credit for taking us up there in the first place, and that is pathetic isnt it ?.
    I'll credit that to Eric Winstanley but Wilson had a hand in it .

That's all you'll get from me .

I always felt the biggest mistake he made was when he said we were going for Europe by playing the style of football that got us promoted. For me if he had changed his tactics against certain teams we could have stayed up, but took him to long to realise.

Quote Originally Posted by lk311 View Post
    I always felt the biggest mistake he made was when he said we were going for Europe by playing the style of football that got us promoted. For me if he had changed his tactics against certain teams we could have stayed up, but took him to long to realise.
    He was and still is a very likeable bloke , always came across well in the media and had a real infectious enthusiasm about him .

We were massively under prepared for the start of that season in my opinion and the results in the first half of the season were testament to that .

Unfortunately the damage was done and despite a decent second half to that season we came up short .

It annoys me because similar clubs of our size up there gave it and still do a far better go and I fail to see why we couldn't have too .

Scottish football must be in desperate straights. One of their better clubs have taken a manager who's CV includes a relegation from the Championship and a three week complete flop at Leeds. There's hope for me yet

I'll credit that to Eric Winstanley but Wilson had a hand in it . That's all you'll get from me .
    Im going to need a little more than that though kid, will £4.50 do ?.

The bloke/Wilson really messed up when he came back to us I know that, and I think certain other managers would have kept us up actually, in '13-14. As a result, the old love affair with Wilson has gone now, but I do still like to give him credit for taking us up to the Prem.

Danny Wilson is the only blowk to take us into the top flight and every Barnsley fan will always remember that fondly

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Danny Wilson is the only blowk to take us into the top flight and every Barnsley fan will always remember that fondly
    Every fan, except Animal eh Pass.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast