+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just What is going on?

Just What is going on?

One win in 12, not exactly promotion form now is it?
    We are a one man band and our conductor is missing!
    Its quite depressing, we just have not moved on from potato head.
    Hourihane, Adomah, kodija, Elghazi all look lost and not interested!
    God help us against the Albion, they must be licking their lips.
    Can it really be the jack grealish factor only?
    Just where is the JT influence? On paper we have the players but on the day, where are they?
    Im really not loiking forward to the trevk to VP saturday, my only hooe is a one off performance!!

That’s just it Dave, on paper we really don’t have the players. We were led to believe that the finest manager ever to grace the Championship would have the nous to buy/loan quality. The squad is very, very, poor, on paper and on grass.
    We are a one man team mate, we were the same when Jack was out last season.
    Most of the squad are bang average when playing at 100%.
    CH’s wand of a left foot is a myth, it only delivers 1 in 20. He’s costing us games. 1 good cross every 3 games and he’s a magician all of a sudden.
    Full backs, too narrow and sh1te on the ball, constantly playing a ball down the line into Row Z, and unable to cross their legs.
    Albert, El Ghastly and Elmo are the same. Absolutely garbage for several games then 1 trick shot or flick and they’re Messi.
    Imagine how many goals Tammy would have if those clowns were capable of even a 1 in 5 cross conversion?

McGinn is worn out, and is now full of tired mistakes.

The squad is SH1TE mate.

I braved Brentford last night and witnessed a team full of running, pressing, all energy, playing for each other and a credit to their young manager Dean Smith. And then there was Villa. Dead as a dodo, ponderous, uninterested, no passing, no crosses, just desperate. The dugout gives me no confidence, Smith looks totally out of his depth and JT just, well, lost. Too big for you Deano, should have stayed in your bargain basement rabbit hutch in West Larndon.

Deans Smith was at Brentford for a number of years. Bringing thru players no one has heard of. He has taken over a job he should surely love as being a Villa fan.

THIS ISN'T HIS TEAM YET

the guy has been here for 5 minutes. Look at our squad please.

When you are having to play the players you've got it is the players who will revert to type. I've said for longer than I care to remember that these players are no fit enough to wear the shirt. Fit enough in every sense.

Brentford spent a great deal of the game shutting us down and giving us no time on the ball. We weren't doing that to them.

So far DS has brought in a keeper we were linked to 2 years ago and a couple of loanees. Mings looks alright.

Smith needs at least a whole preseason and at least 3 transfer windows. This summer a number of our bigger named useless *******s will be out of contract.

Give him a chance

Agree with Sam.. we’ve gotta stick with him and try and keep the faith and let him do his thing in the summer.. otherwise the merry go round continues..

But for now I’ve kinda give up all hope tbh and have sadly resigned myself to the fact we were a big club who are sadly not very good anymore

Well said Re DS. They are not his players. He has my support.

Im not asking for Smith to be sacked but boy oh boy, does he need a result and performance Saturday!!

#Smithout gives me no pleasure at all but we can't go into denial about it. Are Brentford really what we want our club to look like? They operate on a shoestring in a small pond and they're bloody good at it but Villa will always command "better and bigger" players on a larger stage so it's chalk and cheese. We could dream of a Smith Villa challenging the Prem top 6 with a multimillion international squad but can you honestly see that?
    Worrying that he's started blaming the ref for every poor performance now like so many Villa managers before him. DejaVu?

The day we are a top 6 team in the premier league I will be a very old man.

We are miles off anything remotely successful.

Championship side 👍
    Championship players 👍
    Championship manager 👍

And we can't even buy our way out of it either

I don't know if DS is good enough of not but I tend to sway too stick with him. However any manager who underperforms deserves criticism. I agree that we need to give him time to develop what ever it is he's developing and judge him on that. Never judge a cake before the Icing and cherry has been put on.
    We should now hope of a good run and scrape a play off place although it's looking more and more unlikely with every game that passes.
    Next season will be a big clear out with an influx of good young players. I'm not even expecting a good start to next season but I would expect some real optimism by this time next year.
    UTV

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)