We gave Bruce two years before he had his cabbage moment, and most of the squad was, by then, his. Are we seriously saying that Smith isn't up to it on the basis of him not being able to polish Bruce's turd? Whilst Jack and Axel were fit, Tammy and SJM had enough help to keep our scoring above what the defence, and the rest of the midfield let in at the other end, since they have been out Tammy and SJM are unable to play 2 against 11, and get a result, go figure! Smiths post match interviews are pretty standard responses tbh, he can't very well say, this lot are sh*t, and lazy and the sooner they are gone the better can he? Judge him on his actions in the next couple of transfer windows, both outgoing and incoming, if we are still rubbish when its his squad, then you can get the bedsheets out . For what its worth, the only way I cam see us improving with whats currently available is to play with three centrebacks and push our fullbacks forward into midfield, at least the Scottish Cafu could do the part of his job he still can, getting in behind defences and crossing the ball, and Taylor would do less damage to us defensively if he was further upfield, but what do I know, I just watch this sh*t.