+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T Noel Gallagher

O/T Noel Gallagher

Had a lift home from work last night during which the driver played me some Noel Gallagher tunes.

I was expecting a lot because the lad is crazy about him... sees his concerts, dresses like him, wears a Gallagher T-Shirt etc

When the music started I thought it was a recording of his mate at an unplugged night, he could play the guitar in a dreary style, the chord progressions were entirely predictable , he could just about sing in tune in a characterless, whining type of way, and the lyrics were terrible.

When I found out I was actually listening to Noel Gallagher, alleged genius, I couldn't believe it.

All I can say is that the marketing people
    must be genuine to create such unbelievable hype about this mediocre, sub standard rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Had a lift home from work last night during which the driver played me some Noel Gallagher tunes.

I was expecting a lot because the lad is crazy about him... sees his concerts, dresses like him, wears a Gallagher T-Shirt etc

When the music started I thought it was a recording of his mate at an unplugged night, he could play the guitar in a dreary style, the chord progressions were entirely predictable , he could just about sing in tune in a characterless, whining type of way, and the lyrics were terrible.

When I found out I was actually listening to Noel Gallagher, alleged genius, I couldn't believe it.

All I can say is that the marketing people
    must be genuine to create such unbelievable hype about this mediocre, sub standard rubbish.
    Its quite incredible how talent-less people can thrive with powerfull media and PR

His lyrics have always been awful.

Oasis had some good tunes though although he did "borrow" a few of the melodies.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Its quite incredible how talent-less people can thrive with powerfull media and PR
    It's just so mediocre.

If you saw him at an unplugged night in a local boozer, you might give him a polite clap for having ago but to call him a genius is ludicrous.

It's a bit like calling Drew Broughton the "white Pele".

It makes sense now why the Gallagher brothers continue their fake feud in the media.....just to keep themselves in the spotlight.

Noel is the first to acknowledge he's far from a great musician however as a songwriter and the way he puts those words to music definitely makes him a genius in my opinion .

He wrote Wonderwall in less than 10 minutes , that's talent .

You don't sell the records they did and stick around for nearly 25 years without talent in that business .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

He wrote Wonderwall in less than 10 minutes , that's talent .
    Should have spent a bit longer then.

What does "you're my Wonderwall" mean?

Nothing, like most of his gibberish lyrics.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Should have spent a bit longer then.

What does "you're my Wonderwall" mean?

Nothing, like most of his gibberish lyrics.
    And yet the majority of the youth in the UK could identify with " cigarettes and alcohol "

I've always said they had some good tunes to shout along to in a pub on a Saturday night.

But you're not going to listen to them on a Sunday morning, lyric sheet in hand.

It's "the cat sat on the mat" stuff only he makes it a bit more nonsensical so it would be "the cat sat on the hat".

"Slowly rolling down the hall, faster than a cannonball" is my favourite
    Last edited by great_fire; 16-02-2019 at 10:16 AM.

There is clearly no rules with music and that makes it so appealing .

Just because not everyone is as talented a musician as Paul Weller doesn't mean they can't make it to the very top and take their place in history .

Take Ian Brown , front man for The Stone Roses , Ian struggles vocally which for a front man you'd think was a seriously significant flaw .

Then imagine the Roses without him , it just wouldn't have happened for them .

Musical talent comes in very different ways and not based on the quality of your voice or the ability to play a guitar .

That's true, look at Bez!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast