+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T: Please please let me come home

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    i think what disturbs most people Driller, is the complete lack of remorse/regret/apologies from this piece of work.
    The latest one, where she isn't even bothered by the Manchester bombing and calls it justifiable said everything to me, why I wouldn't want to see this bitch back on home soil.
    Well yes but I think you are, as the Italians would say, 'kicking down an open door' - pretty much everybody agrees she shouldn't be allowed back and if she manages to get back without consular assistance she should be prosecuted.

Because everybody agrees some people are queuing up to do a kind of reverse virtue signalling where they want to distinguish themselves from the pack by having even stronger opinions which is how we arrived at somebody wishing death on an unborn baby.

Also, yes you are supposed to show compassion and forgiveness as a Christian, show faith in God by letting him decide what punishment if any to hand down. If memory serves it's something like "If someone sins against you, forgive them, if someone sins against you seven times, forgive them seven times" but I haven't read a bible for decades so don't quote me on that.

Religion ,route to all troubles of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Well yes but I think you are, as the Italians would say, 'kicking down an open door' - pretty much everybody agrees she shouldn't be allowed back and if she manages to get back without consular assistance she should be prosecuted.

Because everybody agrees some people are queuing up to do a kind of reverse virtue signalling where they want to distinguish themselves from the pack by having even stronger opinions which is how we arrived at somebody wishing death on an unborn baby.

Also, yes you are supposed to show compassion and forgiveness as a Christian, show faith in God by letting him decide what punishment if any to hand down. If memory serves it's something like "If someone sins against you, forgive them, if someone sins against you seven times, forgive them seven times" but I haven't read a bible for decades so don't quote me on that.
    In an ideal world, I would love that to be the case.
    Unfortunately, there is a duty to uphold to protect the citizens in this country and to hope and show "faith" that our forgiveness is warranted. Is probably a risk not worth taking.
    She won't repent for her sins, nor does she believe that her interpretation of religious beliefs should change.
    This is the clash the west faces with regards to extreme Islam.
    The two are not compatible and never will be.

So forgiving her, is really not the issue.
    Stick you hand in a box of snakes, then be prepared to be bitten.
    It's what a snake does, it can't help it. So if you want one around your family, you either take measures to separate the snake or remove it's teeth.

She left this country to follow her religious inclinations. She hasn't changed and showing her Christian forgiveness is a waste of time.

In an ideal world, I would love that to be the case.
    Unfortunately, there is a duty to uphold to protect the citizens in this country and to hope and show "faith" that our forgiveness is warranted. Is probably a risk not worth taking.
    She won't repent for her sins, nor does she believe that her interpretation of religious beliefs should change.
    This is the clash the west faces with regards to extreme Islam.
    The two are not compatible and never will be.

So forgiving her, is really not the issue.
    Stick you hand in a box of snakes, then be prepared to be bitten.
    It's what a snake does, it can't help it. So if you want one around your family, you either take measures to separate the snake or remove it's teeth.

She left this country to follow her religious inclinations. She hasn't changed and showing her Christian forgiveness is a waste of time.
    Well again I agree with you generally, but also again you seem to be picking and choosing which parts of the religion you follow to obey and which ones to contradict. A lot of people do it but I don't think that is the point of following a religion.

Crucifixion is violent imagery?
    I think you are missing the metaphor of the crucifixion.
    If todays youth and desensitization of violence is a yard stick, then give me Christian morals any day of the week.
    From violent video games, to live streaming assaults on fellow youngsters.
    Not to mention how today's youth seem to think, that sticking sharp blades into another human being, is a way of life.
    The 10 commandments may not be to your liking, but they are basic rules that youngsters could learn from at an early age . They definitely need jazzing up to the modern age, but the core of better behavior is there.
    When it comes to child abuse, then I'm afraid in today's society there is much worse occurs.
    Parenting seems to be at an all time low.
    The average child won't understand the metaphor of crucifixion. They will just see a man nailed to a cross and left to die. The bible also normalises atrocities like slavery and genocide.

Let's not let colourful picture books of Noah's Ark and the story of Moses deter from the violent heart of the story. If you taught stories of murder and slaughter in KS1/2 in any other way, you would be quite rightly reprimanded. But because they are bible stories they are exempt. It's bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    The average child won't understand the metaphor of crucifixion. They will just see a man nailed to a cross and left to die. The bible also normalises atrocities like slavery and genocide.

Let's not let colourful picture books of Noah's Ark and the story of Moses deter from the violent heart of the story. If you taught stories of murder and slaughter in KS1/2 in any other way, you would be quite rightly reprimanded. But because they are bible stories they are exempt. It's bizarre.
    You are conflating the god of the Old Testament, shared with several major religions, and with the god of the New Testament ie the Christian god.

But yes the stories of the Old Testament make a good X-rated film which would not pass modern societies equal opportunities, racist and LBGT criteria. Some current religions don't appear to have moved on from those teachings.

She hasn't changed and showing her Christian forgiveness is a waste of time.
    I think forgiveness is meant more for the benefit of the forgiver than the forgiven and I don't think that forgiving precludes punishment either, maybe magpie_tony can clarify.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    You are conflating the god of the Old Testament, shared with several major religions, and with the god of the New Testament ie the Christian god.

But yes the stories of the Old Testament make a good X-rated film which would not pass modern societies equal opportunities, racist and LBGT criteria. Some current religions don't appear to have moved on from those teachings.
    Christianity didn't move on from those teachings willingly, it just became too weak to resist the enlightenment.

I think forgiveness is meant more for the benefit of the forgiver than the forgiven and I don't think that forgiving precludes punishment either, maybe magpie_tony can clarify.
    To err is human to forgive divine. I think I might prefer to forgo divinity, in the hope that I wouldn't be blown up, stabbed, cut up, run over , or any of the other delights enjoyed by IS victims

I you forgive and delegate to an all knowing, all powerful entity as an act of faith, but I'm not particularly knowledgeable about it so may well be wrong.

In any case it is strange to hear somebody lamenting the disappearance of Christian teachings then mocking people who show compassion in the space of two posts.

Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast