+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T: Please please let me come home

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    They make their laws and their laws say that she is automatically a citizen by descent. Read their THE CITIZENSHIP ACT, 1951. The don't have to "consider her as one of their own", she just is regardless of where she was born and where she was brought up.

Which means that the UK is not making her stateless by withdrawing her UK citizenship and is not breaking any international conventions.

What Bangladesh then do is up to them but as of now it seems as if Bangladesh is her only state, and they don't want terrorists, but they will have to take those steps according to their laws and international conventions.
    Is she a terrorist?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    To so many saddoes on this fred, here's some valuable advice for those who heed it.
    HATE is a wasted emotion.
    I agree Sid. But it is why she left the country in the first place.
    She hates the West/UK/Christians/Jews/law and order/morality/individual choice.

So what was your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    They make their laws and their laws say that she is automatically a citizen by descent. Read their THE CITIZENSHIP ACT, 1951. The don't have to "consider her as one of their own", she just is regardless of where she was born and where she was brought up.

Which means that the UK is not making her stateless by withdrawing her UK citizenship and is not breaking any international conventions.

What Bangladesh then do is up to them but as of now it seems as if Bangladesh is her only state, and they don't want terrorists, but they will have to take those steps according to their laws and international conventions.
    I think you’re clutching at straws.

Take 2 15 year old girls in 2015. Debbie from Dagenham and Shamima from Bethnal Green. Neither have been any more than 10 miles away from home. Both on their phones and the internet constantly. Both talk to the wrong sort of people online and both get lured away to Syria to breed more little Isis fighters.

4 years later and a bit wiser and both naturally want to return to the bosom of their homeland. Debbie’s welcomed back with a few interviews with Plod and a suspended jail sentence. Shamima however is stripped of her British citizenship because of a tenuous connection with Bangladesh, a country where she’s never been and claims she doesn’t know anybody. This is a decision made against the policy of the department involved.

Do you honestly think there’s a court anywhere which would uphold that decision?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I think you’re clutching at straws.

Take 2 15 year old girls in 2015. Debbie from Dagenham and Shamima from Bethnal Green. Neither have been any more than 10 miles away from home. Both on their phones and the internet constantly. Both talk to the wrong sort of people online and both get lured away to Syria to breed more little Isis fighters.

4 years later and a bit wiser and both naturally want to return to the bosom of their homeland. Debbie’s welcomed back with a few interviews with Plod and a suspended jail sentence. Shamima however is stripped of her British citizenship because of a tenuous connection with Bangladesh, a country where she’s never been and claims she doesn’t know anybody. This is a decision made against the policy of the department involved.

Do you honestly think there’s a court anywhere which would uphold that decision?
    Strawman argument with an assumed conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    If she does come 'home', not seeing heads tossed in bins on a daily basis could severely traumatize her. Well, we have to think of her well being.
    Sorted,stick her dads head in the bin

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Strawman argument with an assumed conclusion.
    Anxious to know why the scenario I presented is a “straw man argument”. The conclusion isn’t assumed, it’s happened. Unless you think something different would happen to Debbie?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Anxious to know why the scenario I presented is a “straw man argument”. The conclusion isn’t assumed, it’s happened. Unless you think something different would happen to Debbie?
    Is Debbie from Dallas?

Commie Corbyn says she should be allowed back to the UK. I must admit it really amuses me what his next comment will be to make him even more unelectable.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Commie Corbyn says she should be allowed back to the UK. I must admit it really amuses me what his next comment will be to make him even more unelectable.
    Corbyn lol
    Well I'll ignore his opinion then.

“There are an awful lot of contradictions surrounding how we decide who is a good fighter and who is a terrorist; who is struggling for liberation and who is a terrorist. There was a time when people involved in Umkhonto we Sizwe in South Africa were known as terrorists; they were later welcomed to this country as freedom fighters. Things can turn full circle.”

Seeing as he thinks the IRA are freedom fighters, we all know what he thinks.

Kids! Whatever view Joe and Thicky take on a big issue, think the opposite ! You’ll always be right !

Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast