+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T: Please please let me come home

just shoot the bitch . then it will finish this thread & the front page of the papers & she will be forgotten in seconds

that's my thoughts anyway

If, as she says, she is "OK with beheadings" then I think we have an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by eyepie View Post
    If, as she says, she is "OK with beheadings" then I think we have an answer.

No, you have to be compassionate, I am sure Corbyn and Mcdonnell will nip over and collect one of their mates.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Christianity didn't move on from those teachings willingly, it just became too weak to resist the enlightenment.
    I would argue that in some parts of the world, it hasn't moved on at all!

Back to the original point of the thread, she should not be allowed anywhere near Britain. She is a danger to British people. Also i don't want to contribute towards the 26k plus needed to house her in prison.

I'd also keep a very close eye on her family...because you don't pick up views like that simply from some groomer on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    No, you have to be compassionate, I am sure Corbyn and Mcdonnell will nip over and collect one of their mates.
    Why do you have to make false political capital out of every situation? As far as I am aware the leadership of the Labour Party has not stated a position with regard to this woman and you are quite ridiculous to suggest they would 'nip over and collect one of their mates'. Please try and be a little more grown up.

... Joseph, you are a very naughty boy. Always do as Uncle Snobhead 2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    I think forgiveness is meant more for the benefit of the forgiver than the forgiven and I don't think that forgiving precludes punishment either, maybe magpie_tony can clarify.
    I think there are two issues here. One is the issue of forgiveness and the second is the law of the land. It's a big subject that I'll just skim over.

1. Forgiveness. In a biblical context this is usually dealt with on a personal level in the context of an individual being wronged and their approach to dealing with the issue. For reference look at the Lord's prayer '....forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us'. This is all about freedom. obviously, in the course of our lives we are going to experience situations where other people hurt us, be it physically, psychologically or emotionally and in varying degrees. How do we deal with that? Different people deal with it in different ways. Some strike back and look to get even or inflict even worse, some will shrink back and hide away burying the hurt inside them and lose confidence and self worth, yet others will bear a continual grudge against the person(s) concerned which turns into a bitterness and hatred that will never go away. All of these scenarios have a negative effect on the individual and exacerbate an already bad situation. Living a life of forgiveness against others who have personally hurt you can liberate you from these ongoing negative effects and clear the way to get on with your life. As a Christian, you are more aware than most of your own shortcomings and failure and the tremendous grace of God shown in His forgiveness towards you. The bible says that God has taken our sins and dropped them in the sea of forgetfulness and remembers them no more. When you are aware of the level of forgiveness that God has effected towards you on a personal level it becomes much easier to extend that same grace to others. When you think about it, forgiveness can only be extended on a personal level.

2. The Law of the land. The law is put into place by custodians to protect society and individuals from lawlessness. The Magna Carta laws were encapsulated by the terms 'No loss, No harm, No injury'. In order for society to function properly, these laws need to be respected and applied and where they are broken punitive measures ensue. In the case of Begum, she has contravened a number of laws and her return would put a community at risk. So, here is the question. How, as a Christian can you practice the forgiveness mentioned in the previous chapter if you still want this girl extradited and punished? For me, I find no conflict at all. Firstly, her crimes were not against me so I have nothing personally to forgive her for. Her forgiveness is not my responsibility. If she had committed an act of terror against me personally or those who were close to me I would have had that choice to make, thankfully, I haven't. her crimes were against humanity, of which I am a part and her actions warrant punishment. Even if she had wronged me and I had chosen to forgive her, she would still be liable under the law to face justice. So, on two counts I am able, with a totally clear conscience to recommend firstly that she should suffer the consequences her actions deserve, be that the removal of her passport and being denied the right to come back into this Country or face a stern prison sentence if she is allowed back. And secondly, the nature of her crimes are such that there would be serious safety concerns for this Country if she were to be let loose in society and the safety of citizens is something that should not be compromised.

Very brief and a bit sketchy but I hope it answers your question to some degree.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieTony View Post
    I think there are two issues here. One is the issue of forgiveness and the second is the law of the land. It's a big subject that I'll just skim over.

1. Forgiveness. In a biblical context this is usually dealt with on a personal level in the context of an individual being wronged and their approach to dealing with the issue. For reference look at the Lord's prayer '....forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us'. This is all about freedom. obviously, in the course of our lives we are going to experience situations where other people hurt us, be it physically, psychologically or emotionally and in varying degrees. How do we deal with that? Different people deal with it in different ways. Some strike back and look to get even or inflict even worse, some will shrink back and hide away burying the hurt inside them and lose confidence and self worth, yet others will bear a continual grudge against the person(s) concerned which turns into a bitterness and hatred that will never go away. All of these scenarios have a negative effect on the individual and exacerbate an already bad situation. Living a life of forgiveness against others who have personally hurt you can liberate you from these ongoing negative effects and clear the way to get on with your life. As a Christian, you are more aware than most of your own shortcomings and failure and the tremendous grace of God shown in His forgiveness towards you. The bible says that God has taken our sins and dropped them in the sea of forgetfulness and remembers them no more. When you are aware of the level of forgiveness that God has effected towards you on a personal level it becomes much easier to extend that same grace to others. When you think about it, forgiveness can only be extended on a personal level.

2. The Law of the land. The law is put into place by custodians to protect society and individuals from lawlessness. The Magna Carta laws were encapsulated by the terms 'No loss, No harm, No injury'. In order for society to function properly, these laws need to be respected and applied and where they are broken punitive measures ensue. In the case of Begum, she has contravened a number of laws and her return would put a community at risk. So, here is the question. How, as a Christian can you practice the forgiveness mentioned in the previous chapter if you still want this girl extradited and punished? For me, I find no conflict at all. Firstly, her crimes were not against me so I have nothing personally to forgive her for. Her forgiveness is not my responsibility. If she had committed an act of terror against me personally or those who were close to me I would have had that choice to make, thankfully, I haven't. her crimes were against humanity, of which I am a part and her actions warrant punishment. Even if she had wronged me and I had chosen to forgive her, she would still be liable under the law to face justice. So, on two counts I am able, with a totally clear conscience to recommend firstly that she should suffer the consequences her actions deserve, be that the removal of her passport and being denied the right to come back into this Country or face a stern prison sentence if she is allowed back. And secondly, the nature of her crimes are such that there would be serious safety concerns for this Country if she were to be let loose in society and the safety of citizens is something that should not be compromised.

Very brief and a bit sketchy but I hope it answers your question to some degree.
    Very well explained Tony. I'm not qualified to comment on part one, but I agree with part two.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47299907

Right result.
    Yet you cannot help but feel that the Legal aid gravy train will now kick in, costing hundreds of thousands.
    The EU court of human rights won't let it go. Count on it.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Why do you have to make false political capital out of every situation? As far as I am aware the leadership of the Labour Party has not stated a position with regard to this woman and you are quite ridiculous to suggest they would 'nip over and collect one of their mates'. Please try and be a little more grown up.
    And you don't ever make political capital eh boy?

Corbyn & McDonnell have never made a decision in their miserable lives. Just keep having "options on the table" which never materialise. The two biggest tw@ts of the Labour front bench, and that says something considering the other low life on it.

Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast