+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ardley interview

Ardley interview

What worries me is that he apparently doesn't know what's going wrong on the pitch, or why it's happening. When asked how we need to change, he just says that we need to be better. He also bemoans our lack of attacking options, despite him bringing in two forwards in January, none of which were the target man that we needed.

Then he mentions our inability to defend set pieces and crosses into the box, despite him bringing in a goalkeeper and two centre-backs with zero league experience.

Every other team we play seems to have a plan. They seem to have a system that works, that all the players seem to understand, and that fits the personnel they have. We, on the other hand, look completely devoid of a coherent plan or style of football. The things we do don't suit the players have. We fail, time and again, to play to the strengths of our players. Enzio was brought in as a flying winger, yet we almost never see him bombing down the line with the ball at his feet. Gomis was brought in as a speedy striker, but we spend all game launching the ball in the air.

He has talked many times about winning both boxes, yet we never do. The last few games we've been second to everything. We show less desire and commitment than the opposition, despite the fact we're fighting for our lives.

He needs to change something for the Carlisle game, because that starting 11 playing that way will get absolutely mauled up there. But I get the feeling he's totally out of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    What worries me is that he apparently doesn't know what's going wrong on the pitch, or why it's happening. When asked how we need to change, he just says that we need to be better. He also bemoans our lack of attacking options, despite him bringing in two forwards in January, none of which were the target man that we needed.

Then he mentions our inability to defend set pieces and crosses into the box, despite him bringing in a goalkeeper and two centre-backs with zero league experience.

Every other team we play seems to have a plan. They seem to have a system that works, that all the players seem to understand, and that fits the personnel they have. We, on the other hand, look completely devoid of a coherent plan or style of football. The things we do don't suit the players have. We fail, time and again, to play to the strengths of our players. Enzio was brought in as a flying winger, yet we almost never see him bombing down the line with the ball at his feet. Gomis was brought in as a speedy striker, but we spend all game launching the ball in the air.

He has talked many times about winning both boxes, yet we never do. The last few games we've been second to everything. We show less desire and commitment than the opposition, despite the fact we're fighting for our lives.

He needs to change something for the Carlisle game, because that starting 11 playing that way will get absolutely mauled up there. But I get the feeling he's totally out of ideas.

Apart from that run of 3 games he's been absolutely hopeless and has not improved our situation in any way. If he was half the decent person he appears to be, he'd walk away hanging his head in shame. Yes, you can blame the players but a decent manager is supposed to improve us as a team not make us worse.

Hardy n Ardley. Bill n Ben of Notts County

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Hardy n Ardley. Bill n Ben of Notts County
    Some might say that Ardley is hardly Hardy's fault and that Ardley is typical of Hardy's hard luck?

He's weak and has no leadership skills. This is the first time I've been against a manager this season. It's not working out.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Some might say that Ardley is hardly Hardy's fault and that Ardley is typical of Hardy's hard luck?
    Try saying that ten times, fast, after you've done drowning your sorrows at today's result. Well, if you're still awake after that amount of sorrow drowning...

I like Neal Ardley and it’s hard because he is a good man and I so want him to be our saviour and hero as good people deserve it. If he wasn’t a good man it would be easy to say that it’s not working and the results are not good enough.

Here are his managerial stats which I’ve broken down pre and post transfer window;

Neal Ardley Managerial Record

Pre Transfer Window

League Two
    P8, W1, D2, L5, GF 8, GA 16, GD-8, Pts 5

Win Ratio = 12.5%
    PPG 0.63

Post Transfer Window

League Two

P7 W2, D2, L3, GF6, GA11, GD -5, Pts 8

Win Ratio = 28.6%
    PPG 1.14

Total