+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: OT. Shamima Begum

I'm suggesting that there are millions of people who feel alienated, dispossessed and disenfranchised for many reasons, and express that in many different ways - voting Leave was one such, there are others, some of which I see when I do my once a month soup run. I wish I had the time to do more to help those have fallen into alienation etc. But the terror that UK, Europe and USA have been subjected to aren't about that and have been perpetrated by people who IMO don't feel alienated but appear to want a world which combines all the goodies I see around me as I write this - Connected TV, SUV, Welfare State, reliable transport and utility provision, blah blah, but still want the right to throw gays off buildings, and get mad as Hell (radicalised) when they can't get it
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 12-03-2019 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I'm suggesting that there are millions of people who feel alienated, dispossessed and disenfranchised for many reasons, and express that in many different ways - voting Leave was one such, there are others, some of which I see when I do my once a month soup run. I wish I had the time to do more to help those have fallen into alienation etc. But the terror that UK, Europe and USA have been subjected to aren't about that and have been perpetrated by people who IMO don't feel alienated but appear to want a world which combines all the goodies I see around me as I write this - Connected TV, SUV, Welfare State, reliable transport and utility provision, blah blah, but still want the right to throw gays off buildings, and get mad as Hell (radicalised) when they can't get it
    Okay...I sort of see what you mean, but happy, contented, included people don’t resort to terrorism and violence etc. Indeed terrorism is usually defined by those who are happily ensconced within the establishment, including you and I, and have managed, one way or another, to make their relatively comfortable way in the world.
    Nelson Mandela was a renowned ‘terrorist’ during the sixties and seventies. He and the ANC were most certainly involved in ‘terrorist activities’ until the World at large eventually recognised the evil of the Apartheid system he was fighting against at which point he almost immediately became a hero and went on to become President.
    Likewise, ironically, with Brexit. Those who voted ‘Leave’ are, I suspect, about to start screaming about a lack of democracy and about how they feel disenfranchised. It is no coincidence that I know a number of ‘Remainers’ who are genuinely frightened that any perceived Brexit backtracking will result in large scale street violence from those very same Brexiteers who made life so unpleasant for any ‘foreigners’ they came across in the immediate aftermath of the Referendum.

What evil system are ISIS fighting against?

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    What evil system are ISIS fighting against?
    It's a bit of a toss up in the evil stakes between Assad's regime in Syria and ISIS to be fair

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Could you please fill me in on the trauma she's experienced swale, I must of missed the bit where she was thrown off the top of a building while handcuffed and blindfolded or dowsed with petrol and set fire to while locked in cage or shot in the head and thrown into a river, maybe she was beheaded I don't know?

In my world having 3 babies die, experiencing people being killed and beheaded and other atrocities would class a s severe trauma - who knows what the reality was beyond that when she arrived, not quite what she thought I'm sure.

But thats really not my point and I'm not defending her or her actions I'm saying that if the Uk wants to be seen as a democratic country then it has to abide by International law and take its obligations seriously.

Once we resort to the acting as those we deem terrorists or rogue nations act, then we not only lose authority in the world but actually we make this country less safe.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    In my world having 3 babies die, experiencing people being killed and beheaded and other atrocities would class a s severe trauma - who knows what the reality was beyond that when she arrived, not quite what she thought I'm sure.

But thats really not my point and I'm not defending her or her actions I'm saying that if the Uk wants to be seen as a democratic country then it has to abide by International law and take its obligations seriously.

Once we resort to the acting as those we deem terrorists or rogue nations act, then we not only lose authority in the world but actually we make this country less safe.
    She wouldn't be traumatised by seeing people beheaded In her own words watching those atrocities on line is what made her want to go The rest of what you say I fully agree with you will never defeat an enemy if you act the same as they do

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    She wouldn't be traumatised by seeing people beheaded In her own words watching those atrocities on line is what made her want to go The rest of what you say I fully agree with you will never defeat an enemy if you act the same as they do
    ...and at the end of the day, in the adult world, that final sentence is all that matters.

RA, If she voted Brexit I don't think you'd want her back!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    RA, If she voted Brexit I don't think you'd want her back!
    Lol...perhaps not but I’m glad to see you back.

P.S. I don’t ‘want her back’...just think she’s ‘out’ responsibility.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 13-03-2019 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Lol...perhaps not but I’m glad to see you back.

P.S. I don’t ‘want her back’...just think she’s ‘out’ responsibility.
    ‘our’...sorry.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)