+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anti-semitism and the Labour Party

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    "Snowflake" seems to be the in word to insult people with different ideas at the moment.

Not a good look to call 672 people "snowflakes" when they have reported anti-semitism in the Labour party though, is it BT?
    Acts of real anti-Semitism are a criminal offence and I have no doubt if the allegations were deemed serious enough the police would investigate.

What concerns me across the UK is the far right's constant drip, drip of enablement of anti-Jewish and anti-Muslim sentiments. I am not blinkered enough to not see tropes of anti-Semitic vocabulary by a minority of Labour Party members and it is simply unacceptable.

Enough senior Labour Party characters are not sticking their heads in the sand, they acknowledge the problem and the Labour Party will not tolerate racism in any of it's hideous guises.

Have a read at how Jenny Formby is tackling the issue...

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/poli...-a4063831.html

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

I find that unbelievable.....unless I'm wrong - and they're better at maths than I thought ?

Holocaust deniers and anti-Jewish sentiment is spreading across Europe but our right wing media are gung ho on proving and alleging Jeremy Corbyn and the Labour Party are anti-Semitic. A sentence to balance the issue:

“These figures relate to about 0.1 per cent of our membership, but one anti-Semite in our party is one too many. We are committed to tackling antisemitism and rooting it out of our party once and for all.” Ich bin Jude.

This problem is obviously not confined to one of our major political parties…

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...cid=spartandhp

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

Enough senior Labour Party characters are not sticking their heads in the sand, they acknowledge the problem and the Labour Party will not tolerate racism in any of it's hideous guises.
    673 reported cases of anti-semitism in the Labour Party in 10 months BT, just 12 people kicked out. Labour's own figures show a shocking tolerance of the anti-semitism endemic amongst Labour Party members. The PLP called a meeting to address the issue, the Party leader didn't think it important enough to turn up, his head stuck so far into the sand on the issue of anti-semitism, all you can see is his backside stuck up in the air.
    But as the both of us know really don't we BT, on anti-semitism, Corbyn and his chums can't help resolve this issue, they aren't the solution, they're the problem.

This problem is obviously not confined to one of our major political parties…

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...cid=spartandhp
    852 cases of anti-semitism reported in France in the last two years, on average 426 a year in a country as vast as France with a population of 67 million people. 637 cases reported in 10 months in the Labour Party alone, with just 500,000 members. If France has a problem with anti-semitism, what do those figures say about the Labour Party ?
    Last edited by sinkov; 15-02-2019 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    852 cases of anti-semitism reported in France in the last two years, on average 426 a year in a country as vast as France with a population of 67 million people. 637 cases reported in 10 months in the Labour Party alone, with just 500,000 members. If France has a problem with anti-semitism, what do those figures say about the Labour Party ?
    No snowflakes in France sinkov, they adorn yellow jackets and go and get the sh'it kicked out of them by the fascist police.

673 reported cases of anti-semitism in the Labour Party in 10 months BT, just 12 people kicked out. Labour's own figures show a shocking tolerance of the anti-semitism endemic amongst Labour Party members. The PLP called a meeting to address the issue, the Party leader didn't think it important enough to turn up, his head stuck so far into the sand on the issue of anti-semitism, all you can see is his backside stuck up in the air.
    But as the both of us know really don't we BT, on anti-semitism, Corbyn and his chums can't help resolve this issue, they aren't the solution, they're the problem.
    Luciana Berger and Margaret Hodge are probably responsible for 623 of the reported cases sinkov.

No snowflakes in France sinkov, they adorn yellow jackets and go and get the sh'it kicked out of them by the fascist police.
    I lived in France for eight years BT, anti-semitism was always a problem, the Jewish community, particularly around Paris, were constantly expressing their concerns and fears. Virtually all of the attacks on the Jewish community, and there were many, were perpetrated by Islamists or Muslims. I used to read both French and English newspapers back then, the attacks on Jews by Islamists were widely reported in the French media, but never saw the light of day in the English media. All this was long before anti-semitism became a feature of Labour Party politics, but I think you'll find that the vast majority of attacks on Jewish people in France are still perpetrated by Islamists.

I lived in France for eight years BT, anti-semitism was always a problem, the Jewish community, particularly around Paris, were constantly expressing their concerns and fears. Virtually all of the attacks on the Jewish community, and there were many, were perpetrated by Islamists or Muslims. I used to read both French and English newspapers back then, the attacks on Jews by Islamists were widely reported in the French media, but never saw the light of day in the English media. All this was long before anti-semitism became a feature of Labour Party politics, but I think you'll find that the vast majority of attacks on Jewish people in France are still perpetrated by Islamists.
    I sincerely believe that to be the case here but our PC Brigade are too scared to say so.

Holocaust deniers and anti-Jewish sentiment is spreading across Europe but our right wing media are gung ho on proving and alleging Jeremy Corbyn and the Labour Party are anti-Semitic. A sentence to balance the issue:

“These figures relate to about 0.1 per cent of our membership, but one anti-Semite in our party is one too many. We are committed to tackling antisemitism and rooting it out of our party once and for all.” Ich bin Jude.
    perhaps - is what happens when people feel their basic rights, such as freedom to question - are violated....they become angry and resentful - though I really don't know why that should cause them to be anti-semitic.....there's something wrong there

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)