+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Anti-semitism and the Labour Party

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    What confuses me about this sinkov: "Combining incident data based on police reporting with a 2012 survey on antisemitism carried out by the European Union’s Fundamental Rights Agency (FRA), this report tentatively compares the levels of anti-Semitic violence in different countries. The seven-country sample contains comparable data for France, UK, Germany and Sweden only. Among these countries, Jews’ exposure to anti-Semitic violence appears to have been highest in France, lower in Sweden and Germany, and lowest in the United Kingdom," is that the Jewish Labour Movement, and in particular Labour Jewish MPs: Louise Ellman, Fabian Hamilton, Ivan Lewis, Margaret Hodge, Ed Miliband, Luciana Berger, Alex Sobel and Ruth Smeeth can find it on every corner, even if anti-Semitism is "lowest in the United Kingdom" .
    Yes you do appear confused BT, you veer from claiming there is no anti-semitism in the Labour Party, to explaining the strenuous efforts Labour are making to eradicate this apparently non-existent anti-semitism in the Labour Party. There is quite clearly a problem with anti-semitism in the Labour Party, there is not a problem with anti-semitism amongst the UK population in general, although you lefties like to pretend there is. It's Labour's particular problem, not society's in general, and it's not going away is it, and we both know why that is really don't we ?

No idea sinkov, but Berger has played the anti-Semitism card so often she can now validate jumping ship. Good riddance I say!

"Seven Labour MPs have quit the party to found a new "Independent Group" after saying they are "ashamed" of Jeremy Corbyn's leadership. Chuka Umunna, Chris Leslie, Luciana Berger, Gavin Shuker, Mike Gapes, Ann Coffey and Angela Smith cited the Labour leader's handling of Brexit and anti-Semitism as their reason for leaving. Announcing the resignations, Ms Berger said: "I have become embarrassed and ashamed to remain in the party." Speaking at a press conference in Westminster, Ms Berger said: "I cannot remain in the party that I have today come to the sickening conclusion is anti-Semitic. "I am leaving behind a culture of bullying, bigotry and intimidation"

Ho hum, bullying, bigotry and intimidation, sounds more like the Bullingdon Club than the Labour Party. You like to say 'Ich bin Jude' BT, will you be joining them ?

The Tories are a bad joke, the LibDems and Greens an irrelevance, Labour rancid with anti-semites and splitters. What are us poor Brexiteers to do BT ? Is this the answer ?

https://www.thebrexitparty.org/

Could we get a discount if we joined together do you think, a sort of BOGOF membership. We might !!!

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I lived in France for eight years BT, anti-semitism was always a problem, the Jewish community, particularly around Paris, were constantly expressing their concerns and fears. Virtually all of the attacks on the Jewish community, and there were many, were perpetrated by Islamists or Muslims. I used to read both French and English newspapers back then, the attacks on Jews by Islamists were widely reported in the French media, but never saw the light of day in the English media. All this was long before anti-semitism became a feature of Labour Party politics, but I think you'll find that the vast majority of attacks on Jewish people in France are still perpetrated by Islamists.
    And is still there.

"official data suggested there had been a 74% rise in anti-Semitic attacks in France last year".

"Seven Labour MPs have quit the party to found a new "Independent Group" after saying they are "ashamed" of Jeremy Corbyn's leadership. Chuka Umunna, Chris Leslie, Luciana Berger, Gavin Shuker, Mike Gapes, Ann Coffey and Angela Smith cited the Labour leader's handling of Brexit and anti-Semitism as their reason for leaving. Announcing the resignations, Ms Berger said: "I have become embarrassed and ashamed to remain in the party." Speaking at a press conference in Westminster, Ms Berger said: "I cannot remain in the party that I have today come to the sickening conclusion is anti-Semitic. "I am leaving behind a culture of bullying, bigotry and intimidation"

Ho hum, bullying, bigotry and intimidation, sounds more like the Bullingdon Club than the Labour Party. You like to say 'Ich bin Jude' BT, will you be joining them ?
    These splitters all have one thing in common sinkov - they are Remoaners and cannot abide the fact that Corbyn will not acquiesce and order a Labour fuelled Second Referendum. The anti-Semitic malarkey is just a convenient subterfuge and camouflages the fact they will not back the democratic will of the people who voted to LEAVE.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    These splitters all have one thing in common sinkov - they are Remoaners and cannot abide the fact that Corbyn will not acquiesce and order a Labour fuelled Second Referendum. The anti-Semitic malarkey is just a convenient subterfuge and camouflages the fact they will not back the democratic will of the people who voted to LEAVE.
    I don't know if it camouflages the fact that they are Remoaners BT, and I agree that is part of the reason they're off. It's all good fun for me though, who enjoys watching the Left eating itself. and what I can't wait for is some Tory Remainers to jump ship and join them. Soubry, Chuka, Boles and Chris Leslie all working together, add in Dominic Grieve and that should be a good laugh, a bigger bunch of obnoxious, sanctimonious pricks I can't imagine.

I don't know if it camouflages the fact that they are Remoaners BT, and I agree that is part of the reason they're off. It's all good fun for me though, who enjoys watching the Left eating itself. and what I can't wait for is some Tory Remainers to jump ship and join them. Soubry, Chuka, Boles and Chris Leslie all working together, add in Dominic Grieve and that should be a good laugh, a bigger bunch of obnoxious, sanctimonious pricks I can't imagine.
    A talentless set of pricks who do not have the resolve to debate, compromise and work towards a Brexit solution. A more clueless set of self interested, selfish set of cowards I have yet seen assembled. Do this lot seriously think they have the political clout of the Gang of Four who detested Foot and defected to the centre right of British politics?

I was listening to Long.Bailey this morning and she said that a second referendum was very much on the table. Taking their bleeding time though, 38 days to go....

Do you have that "funny tinge" up in Morecambe 1959_60? Seriously, WTF are this set of treacherous rabble really worth?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)