What I am hearing is he has had a major fall out. We made it clear in Jan we wanted him, he made it even clearer that he wants to return to Southampton. We are now stuck with him until May, and cant now send him back.
Personally I would leave the little prick on the bench until May. We don't need that around the club, its poisonous.
He isn't all that, I have seen enough of him to know he isn't a player you will get much success with. He is neither one thing or another. Not good enough for CM. Not creative enough further up the pitch. Isn't a winger, isn't a defender.
There is much better out there. I'm getting less and less of a fan of utilising the loan market. They aren't our players. They wont run that extra mile. He clearly doesn't want to be here, so sod him. Give game time to one of our instead. Let this kid sit it out until May and let him go back to the mighty Saints. He is nowhere near good enough for the prem. If we have serious aspirations to ever try and get there (which we clearly aren't anymore, we are accepting this is where we are forever, mid table champ at best!) then he isn't the answer.