+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Middlesboro(home)predictions

2-1 away win

I forgot to touch on the BB thing.
    My feeling about that was not a negative one with respect to the player, but to the fact that he was unlikely to be ready to take a real part this season .
    Added to which, we’ve seen before how ridiculous valuations affect some players (moreso the younger ones). With that you then add our supporters lack of patience with almost anything and everything. As has happened in the last couple of weeks.
    That is where the real gamble lies.
    However, full praise to TM on sticking his neck out, even though it may not turn out eventually as well as he had hoped.
    Yep, there are no guarantees with player buys, or life.
    Oh yes and I meant JW (not Mr Rhodes &#128527 obviously.
    You both should read the piece I mentioned re: Fred Pickering 👌
    https://blueyedboy.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    I forgot to touch on the BB thing.
    My feeling about that was not a negative one with respect to the player, but to the fact that he was unlikely to be ready to take a real part this season .
    Added to which, we’ve seen before how ridiculous valuations affect some players (moreso the younger ones). With that you then add our supporters lack of patience with almost anything and everything. As has happened in the last couple of weeks.
    That is where the real gamble lies.
    However, full praise to TM on sticking his neck out, even though it may not turn out eventually as well as he had hoped.
    Yep, there are no guarantees with player buys, or life.
    Oh yes and I meant JW (not Mr Rhodes &#128527 obviously.
    You both should read the piece I mentioned re: Fred Pickering 👌
    https://blueyedboy.wordpress.com/
    Just read it, Despair. What an excellent piece! He was one of my earliest heroes.
    A bizarre side-note: my brother-in-law, an American with no interest in football, once told me that he actually attended that international at Randall's Island. He couldn't even remember why, but he thought it might be something to do with a girl!

I always thought that AS , even though he was a demon striker in his ‘era’, would have fared even better if his era had been say 1 or 2 decades earlier. Having said that, as Dougie alludes to, 2 to 4 decades earlier an forget it.
    His physical stature would not have held up against the muscle ‘employed’ those days. 😳
    Duncan Ferguson is / was another.

Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    I always thought that AS , even though he was a demon striker in his ‘era’, would have fared even better if his era had been say 1 or 2 decades earlier. Having said that, as Dougie alludes to, 2 to 4 decades earlier an forget it.
    His physical stature would not have held up against the muscle ‘employed’ those days. 😳
    Duncan Ferguson is / was another.
    A different game. I wonder if there were more broken legs. The slide tackle, the late tackle and the tackle from behind were pretty standard, and that's not to mention the use of the elbow or the "legitimate" shoulder-charge.
    I think we could do with Mike England now. (I wouldn't even mind John McNamee, as long as he wasn't expected to pass!)

Here’s another Birmingham/Blackpool striker link for you (an other oldies) ......Bob Hatton!
    I was at Pool when he inflicted serious ‘wounds’ on us. Not the muscle striker mentioned earlier, just knew where net was.

I said 2 - 1 so I’m still in with a shout 🙈

No you aren't.

Alf, they just couldn’t put the game to bed, an if that had been us we’d have been complaining like mad as per usual.
    At 2:04 I could but dream 😏
    The way they fluffed their lines in front of goal those last 20 mins or so would you have been at all surprised if we’d flooked an equaliser at least.

Lenihan was roundly criticised in December, but I think we miss his drive and enthusiasm.
    Let's be honest, though: four of our most consistent players - Mulgrew, Bennett, Evans and Dack - had absolute shockers in the first half. This meant we had no rhythm at all.
    Clearly, Brereton will have to be shelved for now, because his confidence is so low.
    It is a puzzle, though. While I was on holiday, I read a lot of criticism of Travis and Bell for their recent performances, but they both had decent second halves.
    It's this inconsistency thing again. It has plagued us all season. I don't buy this argument that it's all about managerial decisions, however. If the players are going to show such up-and-down form (look at Reed, for example), any pre-match plans are going to disappear in smoke.
    I would personally always start with Nyambe and Smallwood, but I have been openly mocked on the Telegraph site for suggesting that.
    At least we saw a reaction from the players in the second half, but Graham and Dack have both lost that ***** sharp edge at the moment.
    Fair play to Boro, though. You could clearly see why they have conceded so few goals this season.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)