+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Middlesboro(home)predictions

Champs, please please take this the right way, an remember my posting name is despair😏
    It’s quite ironic and I think Aucks is quite shocked with your fairly sudden lack of optimism .
    For a long time now when both of us have been voicing concerns over this, that or other issues , you have been calling us out for negativity. We have endeavoured to explain that it’s not negativity but a rational (to us in any event) opinion of proceedings.
    I don’t really want to cite the BB signing, but it is a prominent one. For me it was a marker put down as an ‘intent’. In being so was maybe taking for granted our upward trend would continue without question , which I certainly have held question marks over.
    TM is not a football messiah , but he is and has been a ‘good fit’ for us with his ‘personality’ and at this critical time.
    Having said that time (as you say) is running out.
    For me this is very much down to the surge in support that was hoped for has not happened and this is and will be ramping up the pressure on him.
    All of your points above are valid and TM is being paid to come up with answers, and therefore as with any manager he will be held to account accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    Champs, please please take this the right way, an remember my posting name is despair😏
    It’s quite ironic and I think Aucks is quite shocked with your fairly sudden lack of optimism .
    For a long time now when both of us have been voicing concerns over this, that or other issues , you have been calling us out for negativity. We have endeavoured to explain that it’s not negativity but a rational (to us in any event) opinion of proceedings.
    I don’t really want to cite the BB signing, but it is a prominent one. For me it was a marker put down as an ‘intent’. In being so was maybe taking for granted our upward trend would continue without question , which I certainly have held question marks over.
    TM is not a football messiah , but he is and has been a ‘good fit’ for us with his ‘personality’ and at this critical time.
    Having said that time (as you say) is running out.
    For me this is very much down to the surge in support that was hoped for has not happened and this is and will be ramping up the pressure on him.
    All of your points above are valid and TM is being paid to come up with answers, and therefore as with any manager he will be held to account accordingly.
    Because I genuinely thought he was going to take us in the right direction. He has been good for us, up to this point. Now things are going wrong, he doesn't appear to have any kind of an answer. Before if we had an issue, it got turned around pretty quickly. Now it appears to all be heading backwards. And I don't believe just lying down and accepting is the answer. We simply have to have ambitions to push on. Or what's the point.

Our support will hold us back. It will drop again now back to under 10k. If this carries on, we will be looking at sun 10k crowds on the Champ. You can't build on that. It's woeful. And that's alot more damaging than a bad run. As I keep saying, I'm rapidly running out of interest. We just aren't going anywhere. We are actually really lucky to have these current owners.
    The ironic thing for everyone who has moaned all through his tenure, if say be careful what you wish for. Because this might all be as good as it gets for Rovers. And relegation may be on the cards, more likely than promotion. And they will all have something to moan about once they go down and don't return in one season. For that element of idiots, id say they are getting exactly what they deserve. They don't deserve a decent side that's for sure.

Couldn’t agree more Champs and what I’ve been banging on about for a good while.
    I have timewise listed all of the affecting factors that I believe have led to this point.
    We have been put in a very difficult situation by Venkys naive practices that they are desperately trying to claw their way out of. And because of that you have all of the stay aways relishing watching on from the sidelines.
    I can liken this to Brexit and the two fingers to the eu on the premise the huge globally dominating fleet is anchored in Portsmouth ready to re establish the colonies.
    Those days were a moment in time , never to return. Which for those ‘colonies’ is not such a bad thing.
    Yes the eu’s a federal beast that’s getting to be a far cry from the Common Market it was, but for me ‘these days’ it’s better to be in a big club than standing alone.

Sorry to say that in this ‘modern era’ we (BRFC) are just like the UK, second division fodder.

This is not me having a downer on either, I just prefer to recognise things for what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    Couldn’t agree more Champs and what I’ve been banging on about for a good while.
    I have timewise listed all of the affecting factors that I believe have led to this point.
    We have been put in a very difficult situation by Venkys naive practices that they are desperately trying to claw their way out of. And because of that you have all of the stay aways relishing watching on from the sidelines.
    I can liken this to Brexit and the two fingers to the eu on the premise the huge globally dominating fleet is anchored in Portsmouth ready to re establish the colonies.
    Those days were a moment in time , never to return. Which for those ‘colonies’ is not such a bad thing.
    Yes the eu’s a federal beast that’s getting to be a far cry from the Common Market it was, but for me ‘these days’ it’s better to be in a big club than standing alone.

Sorry to say that in this ‘modern era’ we (BRFC) are just like the UK, second division fodder.

This is not me having a downer on either, I just prefer to recognise things for what they are.
    I do have a downer. I will admit that. Brexit is Brexit.
    This is something I chose to do with my time, and money. Making sacrifices on both. Going without.
    What's the point? The players aren't that bothered. And we are going to lie down and just accept this. I will probably chill out now and take a back seat and just watch from afar. The let down won't affect me as much as I wont be going. I have my season ticket so will just pick and choose my remaining games this season, and wont be bothering away. If the manager isn't bothered, and the players, don't expect anyone else to.
    But I shan't be renewing next season, as the writing is already on the wall.

This is more about being completely disillusioned with football as a whole. Than just isolated to Rovers. Football is no longer for anyone, its for the mega mega rich. And nobody inbetween.

The form is very concerning however as well as we did in January,February proved the opposite and with that we could have a brilliant march(fingers crossed)
    I tend to sometimes let my emotions spill out after a match,in which you promptly shoot me down phill
    Rightfully so,now in return I will say let's just see champs
    Don't see this as the beginning of a massive slump,maybe the corner might be turned soon
    I saw a spark in the second half against Boro,now it wasn't a big spark but enough to convince me we could go on a winning run soon
    Will it be Brum away?probably not but we have to be positive and hope the players are prepared to roll up their sleeves as the Rotherham game could be crucial to kick starting our season or dragging us down.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    The form is very concerning however as well as we did in January,February proved the opposite and with that we could have a brilliant march(fingers crossed)
    I tend to sometimes let my emotions spill out after a match,in which you promptly shoot me down phill
    Rightfully so,now in return I will say let's just see champs
    Don't see this as the beginning of a massive slump,maybe the corner might be turned soon
    I saw a spark in the second half against Boro,now it wasn't a big spark but enough to convince me we could go on a winning run soon
    Will it be Brum away?probably not but we have to be positive and hope the players are prepared to roll up their sleeves as the Rotherham game could be crucial to kick starting our season or dragging us down.
    Mate I'm grimly holding onto any kind of interest at the mo. I know this sounds such a contradiction from me, who is usually so vocal about any negativity. I've just taken a step back and can't help but think we are actually going nowhere. I'm really trying to remain positive. I do however think it's only worth being so vocal/negative once you feel it's getting to a head. And I just feel something is brewing if these next 3 games go badly. And such a huge turnaround in form is the really worrying. Again just saying I'm beginning to see things that simply weren't happening before, and I'm unsure it can be reversed. I also think we have a bad apple or 2 in the dressing room. Our team spirit has evaporated.

It's funny you say bad apples
    A few months ago rodwell and mulgrew had a public argument on the pitch
    Forgive me I can't remember against who
    Now as talented as he is what if it's him?
    We have hardly any defenders as it is
    What if it's frosty partnership with mulgrew?After all it worked him and lenihan
    All speculation at the moment,but the Rotherham game looks to be a crucial one if we fail to get a win against Birmingham.

I have paid to watch the replay of the Bristol City game. As my cousin said, it was very even, and they are on a superb run.
    Champs, I saw no evidence at all in that game to suggest the players aren't trying. Same in the second half against Boro. The first-half performance was unrecognisable and unacceptable, I agree. Mowbray DIDN'T accept it. He changed three players at the interval. How often does that happen?
    Couldn't we just agree we're on a bad run without trying to read too much into it?
    We have mainly used our D.1 players, and I never thought for a minute they would be good enough to gain promotion. I can't see why you thought that was a possibility.
    This is nothing to do with "little old Blackburn" and all that. It's just the reality of our squad.
    Should we have invested heavily in January? Who knows, but how often do January purchases do spectacularly well? As I said, Mowbray was clearly not prepared to buy in a sellers' market. Fair enough.
    Why has everyone suddenly decided Lenihan, Mulgrew and Rodwell are not "proper" centre-halves? Who was saying that a month ago?
    I agree the defence looks shaky at the moment, but a lot of that is down to low confidence. Claiming that several players are not in their best positions is stabbing in the dark. Where SHOULD Mulgrew play? And Rodwell, even?
    I didn't want Downing to leave, but let's be honest - there's a load of hypocrisy surrounding that issue too. Early in the season, he was described as a D.1 workhorse (or even "donkey"!) Now he's gone, we've apparently shipped out a Tony Adams!
    This is football, for heaven's sake - in one of the most competitive Leagues in the world! It's not just a question of the manager picking the "best" team...and hey presto!
    At the moment, everything is Mowbray's fault. If, by some chance, we do beat Birmingham, it will be nothing to do with him!!!
    Such is the nature of much of our "support".

I like rodwell at centre back but only with lenihan
    It works,both young almost playing I can do this better than you
    With mulgrew everything has caught up he looks slow and ponderous
    Problem is he is respected and our captain,so what to do with dear old Charlie mulgrew?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)