Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
Typical Pulis side , hard to break down / disciplined, but to me surprising going forward - until the final 1/4 1/3. Then taking out their goal there wasn’t overall all that much in it.
As for the goal , yes CM hugely at fault for not dealing with it firstly, but then the highly fortunate spin and dip on the deflected cross lands absolutely perfectly on Asom’s head.
Yes he followed in well, as all good strikers do, but the fortunate flight of the ball?
The rank poor first half showing is what is colouring the overall assessment of the game.
We all said we will lose games , and we just have , four of them.
I cannot disagree that TM’s decisions and selections I have trouble agreeing with, but given have far we have come and where we are currently I am happy.
Rather than speculating ‘we are at meltdown point’, I’ll just dust off my crystal ball and get the real sp.
there’s gona be further ups and downs, that’s football/sport , it’s not an exacting science.
I do get that. However, when you are a striker, if you complete your runs in the width of the goal posts, the chances are you will get a chance to finish. That's what Asombolonga did. Yes, they got lucky with the defelection. But with Mulgrew playing the way he did, we where always going to gift them chances. He continued to do it in the second half. The major concern is, Brereton will not put himself in positions to miss those chances. His confidence is so low, he wont even put himself in the position to miss.
Dack was putting himself in those positions early in the season, when we where playing well.
Dack picking up the ball from our centre half in his own half, and passing it 5 yards to a midfielder wont hurt the opposition. So if he's taking upon himself to drop back so far, it should've been stopped. If it was the managers idea, then I am confused why he thinks our top scorer is going to hurt them in our own half of the pitch? Either or, its a bit of a shambles. So we are left with an isolated Graham who is very jaded from playing too much football. At an age where he simply cant play every week and be effective.