+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Middlesboro(home)predictions

Middlesboro(home)predictions

A boring match awaits
    Where we will no doubt let a late winner in
    The slump continues
    0-1 loss

Rovers 1 Boro 2
    Ano9ther defeat, another pathetically low crowd, and another stupid kick off time.
    Rapidly losing interest ...................

1-0 to Rovers.
    I haven't seen recent games, so can't comment, but I do feel there has been a huge over-reaction again.
    January didn't make us footballing giants, and February won't turn us into no-hopers. We are in a realistic position for the squad we have. I'll be home on Sunday, and I can get into a proper five-pound argument then!

Rovers 4 Boro 2

Crikey I’ve only been away a week an all of a sudden life rafts are being launched!
    We have said that we will lose games tween NY and end of season , no one has hung their hat on a play off spot.
    It would seem that TM is being hung out to dry over his game plan/s and selections, well that’s fair enough, but as said before all of his ‘good stuff’ all of a sudden seems to count for nowt.
    I will say again that for me the ‘support base’ that Champs refers to above was possibly going to be an Achilles heel for us. The volumes of support have not swelled during our resurgent return to the Champs and that can be disheartening for players and staff.
    I said a few games back that I was sticking with my 14th place finish, so for me we’re on track.

I’ll stick my neck out for a 2 - 1 !

1-1 ..

Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    Crikey I’ve only been away a week an all of a sudden life rafts are being launched!
    We have said that we will lose games tween NY and end of season , no one has hung their hat on a play off spot.
    It would seem that TM is being hung out to dry over his game plan/s and selections, well that’s fair enough, but as said before all of his ‘good stuff’ all of a sudden seems to count for nowt.
    I will say again that for me the ‘support base’ that Champs refers to above was possibly going to be an Achilles heel for us. The volumes of support have not swelled during our resurgent return to the Champs and that can be disheartening for players and staff.
    I said a few games back that I was sticking with my 14th place finish, so for me we’re on track.

I’ll stick my neck out for a 2 - 1 !
    It's just really dawning on me. We really are going nowhere. And I'm not sure I like that. We don't have any fans. Home games are horrific for any kind of atmosphere. Unless Leeds come. The vast majority at Ewood go to moan about Bell or Brereton. And it's not really enjoyable. The standard of the league is crap. The cost of going (to watch 2nd standard football) is very expensive. And personally I'm rapidly losing interest. We aren't going up. What's the point anyway? We are so painfully behind the top 6 it's scary. We will never catch them again. Whats the point of going up and being like Burnley. No point at all. It maybe means Venkys get their money back, and sell up. They would take the money. But who would take over such a small club with no real fan base? It's not growing, it's actually going to drop back to 10k now we are losing a few. Nobody would want to invest. Why would they? Look at how poor our fans are. Shocking. There is no point being the onky one swimming against the tide. Best to just accept it, and move on. We aren't going anywhere. We could never go up with Div1 support. So I'm confused why the locals keep mentioning Premier league. They aren't bothered about supporting their club. And I feel we are just lying down accepting mid table medicorcy in such a woefully poor league.
    Not one side on this division would last in the Prem 2 mins. Unless they spent well over £100m. Which we haven't got. So no point even bothering. The fans have up a long time ago. And equally, it's a poverty stocked area. Nobody even has any money. Industry has died in the town. Huge unemployment. That coupled with the pathetic support, means we simply haven't got the infrastructure to go up. Rovers and their 12k fans don't deserve top flight football.

I understand where you are coming from phill but the expression punching above your weight was invented for a reason
    If and it's a huge IF we were to go up
    Would we go straight back down?
    Who knows,but giving up isn't the answer
    We have been poor recently,but let's remain positive or at least try to
    The reading result annoyed and disappointed me
    Is it the end of the world?No
    We have to be careful not to lose momentum as that is a powerful tool in our projection forward.
    We will need to improve but don't lose faith
    Disappointed and a little despondent
    Rome wasn't built in a day.

Champs, I’ve got to respond to the above haven’t I 😏
    Yep as myself and Aucks have said : we are a mid table Championship club.
    That’s where we are and that’s where in these ‘only city clubs’ count era we are meant to be.
    The Prem? yet again as myself and Aucks say ‘Prem? Not for me’. Money wise for Venkys for sure as a recouping of outlay exercise.
    You yourself say that if we did indeed go up (at some point) you wouldn’t bother watching anyway.
    Don’t agree standard in Champs is ‘crap’ , not as good as Prem no argument. However in the basement of Prem ? That’s another matter.
    ALL of this due to Sky.
    The support? Yep, don’t disagree one iota they’re the thorn in our side for sure in common sense and numbers.
    Why is this ? Well for me it goes way way back when you were but a babe.
    Cup Final and the ‘fall out’ that I reckon has affected a couple of generations of possible early age support. Then lengthened by decades of mostly hanging on to once in while ‘maybe’s’ in 2nd and 3rd divs.
    All the while the decades of the demise of the ‘Northern power house’ ensuing’.
    Now the politically incorrect bit 🙈
    In these decades above the demographics of the town have crept ceaselessly in a particular direction . Go down Pleasy to the summer cricket pitches and there’s your missing Ewood populace! In any event, the ones still in the town (and about) of the footie minded type and are (more importantly) of the stay away cos of Venkys mind, view the V’s as being representation of what is and has happened to ‘their town’ over many decades.
    And they don’t like it.
    Then there’s the ones who have ‘aspirations’ of the holy grail of the Prem. they’re circa mid 90’s fans , and that’s not 1890’s 😂
    All JR’s fault really? No not for me.
    JR’s deep seated love for the club went way way back (before you were born) and would be based upon the long lost ‘first div’ days.
    I would like to think that when he launched us to prominence it was with half a mind to winning the 1st div ( known by then as the Prem.).

Hope you find something to fill any void left behind (Bury FC?).
    Me I’m mostly found on Pendle😏

I am completely with Despair on this. I have only dipped in to the various sites over the last three weeks, but if I didn't know, I'd have thought we were six points behind Ipswich.
    We lost to two clubs who have taken 12 and 15 points, respectively, from their last five games. Yes, the other defeat - against Reading - was very disappointing, but even the Reading fans are saying they could have been three-down at half-time. Graham has to be rested sometimes and Dack was only 90%. As for Brereton, he HAS to get some game-time.
    Despair and I both predicted 14th, so why is our current position disastrous? Villa, with all the money there, are only three points ahead of us.
    I actually like the unpredictability of this league. Norwich lost 1-3, away, on Wednesday, and won 4-0, away, yesterday.
    I didn't buy into the play-off thing at the end of January, just as I didn't buy in to the "spiralling towards relegation" panic at the end of December.
    We are a mid-table team, using many of last season's players. Mowbray has clearly been frustrated by ludicrous demands when looking for players so far, and he is clearly turning his thoughts to overseas players.
    Let's give an honourable football-thinker the extended chance he deserves. Of course I don't agree with all his selections, but so many of our defeats have been marginal. Just look at the Bristol City game for a start. My cousin - a huge BC fan - went to the game, and said a draw would have been a fairer result.
    I am as frustrated as anyone else by the pattern of conceding late goals, but the Telegraph morons' notion that this pattern is solely down to TM's selections is absolutely ludicrous. The vast majority of those goals have either been excellently created or the result of a momentary mistake by one of our defenders. To hear some of the mouth-foaming hit-men talk, you'd think no other team in the League has given away late or "bad" goals! (Why are there so many teams below us then?)
    It would have been nice to sneak into the play-offs and go through those two weeks of tension (I think!), but we surely should see this season as one of successful re-establishment in the Championship. TM seems to be very good at applying a bit of pressure on Venky's, but I actually respect the fact that he won't pay above the odds.
    Was he wrong about Brereton? Far too early to say, but even if he was, does this make him unique? I can't remember the exact quote, but I recall Ferguson saying something about managers having to accept that a high percentage of transfer-deals don't work out.
    In any case, we might beat Boro and go on a run that takes us into the top ten. To me, that would represent a very successful season.
    And I must be honest: like Despair, I don't really want to go up, anyway!
    Champs' disillusionment with the crowd is something I understand. I think attendances have been very poor in general.
    Off-topic: is anyone else hoping Rotherham stay up? They are battling really hard on a shoestring, and they have had some terrible luck recently: an equaliser in the TENTH minute of injury-time when only eight were signalled!?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)