+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: West Brom's Gayle banned for diving

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    A two match ban for Gayle does nothing for Nottingham Forest who were cheated out of two points.
    West Brom will keep the point they stole and the referee who awarded the ludicrous penalty gets no sanction against him.
    You couldn't make it up ☹
    That’s why I get wound up, forest have been cheated on but it’s alright because the officials made a mistake and the player gets a ban but will still be paid so who is the losers here? Shocking.

Take the point away from the club

If we win tomorrow purely down to a player cheating in some way, what would we all think.

I’d think so what and class the offending player as an hero and wouldn’t give a stuff that wendies had been robbed.

Nah, loyal, it would be tainted and we would be reminded of it by wendies to the end of time.

I’d rather that and 3 points than 1 or no points.

Fair enough, but what if when we play Reading they do it?

They’d be cheating barstewards! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    If we win tomorrow purely down to a player cheating in some way, what would we all think.

I’d think so what and class the offending player as an hero and wouldn’t give a stuff that wendies had been robbed.
    It's more likely to be the other way round.......Forestieri anyone?

His punishment didn't have much affect, against the blades he runs behind stearman and falls over trying to buy a penalty. At least the ref didn't buy it. Though didn't get booked for diving.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    His punishment didn't have much affect, against the blades he runs behind stearman and falls over trying to buy a penalty. At least the ref didn't buy it. Though didn't get booked for diving.
    Yes, which shows the inconsistency of refereeing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12